September 23, 2013
* Modified practice schedule continues this week.
* Due to home football on Friday, we will not have locker room access. Swimmers are asked to come to practice dressed in their suit. Hallway restrooms will be available as needed.
* Meet entry deadlines are approaching for Central York and Penn State. Swimmers in groups 3, 4, 5, and Varsity USA who want to compete in these meets should sign up this week!
* I hope to have information on the Aqua Fest invitational sometime this week. This meet is open to all swimmers and is being held on Saturday, November 16 at CV.
* The next meeting of the SAC Board of Directors will be Tuesday, October 8 at 7pm in room 44 at the high school.
* PRACTICE GROUP MEETINGS: In the past, we've had a general meeting for all parents at the start of the season. Since some info is more important to new families, some to returning families, and some to different training levels, we will be having Practice Group Information meetings. This will allow us to tailor the info in a more concise manner to each group. Group meetings will be as follows during group practice hours:
- Push-Off: Wednesday, October 9 at 6:30pm
- Group 2 and 3: Wednesday, October 9 at 7:00pm
- Group 1: Thursday, October 10 at 6:30pm
- Group 4, 5, Varsity: Thursday, October 10 at 7:00pm
* An introductory email was sent to all families over the weekend regarding our advertising/sponsorship program. This is an innovative campaign designed to increase local business visibility, generate additional revenue for our club, and assist families with incentives to defray out of pocket expense for our program. Please contact Jill Hollar with any questions.
* I'd like to ask that swimmers remain in the balcony area until the coaches call them down to start practice. I want to keep the deck clear for the duration of our swim lessons to avoid additional noise, distraction, etc. I'll remind swimmers throughout the week of this and parents please do so as well.
* Locked out? If no one is at the entrance, please call 530-2730 ext. 4045. Let it ring twice and hang up. Someone will come let you in! I don't always hear/get to my personal phone for text and call alerts. The pool phone rings very loud for all to hear!
* Private lessons are available at 4:30, 8:00, and 8:30pm. Click here to schedule a lesson.
Thanks and have a great week!!!