October 15, 2013
* Wednesday follows our modified schedule with push-off and groups 2/3 6:30-730pm and group 5 6:30-8pm.
* This is the final week of after school swim opportunities for groups 4, 5, and Varsity.
* We begin our regular practice schedule this evening. Please note the days and times of your swimmer's practice group:
- Push-off: Wed 6:30-7:30pm
- Group 1: T/Th 5:30-6:30pm
- Group 2/3: M/W/F 5:30-6:30pm
- Group 4: M/T/Th/F 6:30-8:00pm
- Group 5/Varsity: M-F 5:30-8:00pm
* Swimmers in groups 5 and varsity should bring gym shoes and clothes for strength training starting this week. Swimmers who do not have proper footwear will be unable to participate. Family members are asked to remain in the pool area when we leave for our strength training circuit. Swimmers will return to the pool area at 8pm.
* CPAL dual meet schedule has been league approved:
- Nov 23 home vs Gettysburg
- Dec 7 away @ Big Spring
- Jan 11 away @ Mercersburg
- Feb 1 home vs ACWS
* We were awarded bids to host both the Divisional (Feb 22 @ SHIP) and All-Star Championship (Feb 23 with Lower Paxton @ CV) meets this season. While this will be a massive organizational undertaking for our club, the payoff in terms of great meets for our kids and the potential to raise upwards of $5,000 for our team is something I believe we can do and do extremely well. I'll be posting some information later this week seeking committee volunteers and chairs. These will be "all hands on deck" events, meaning we will need help from every family to make these meets a huge success!!! After reviewing the meet and committee info later in the week, you may contact myself or Scott Wright with questions.
* Swimmers competing at Penn State should've received hotel info. If not, contact me so that I may forward that along to you!
* Thank you to the families who attended our group meetings last week. As always, any questions you have may be directed to myself or to a board member. Remember, our board meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month in Room 44 at 7pm. Every member of our team is encouraged to attend!!!