November 4, 2013
* Regular practice schedule Monday-Thursday this week. Friday, group 5 will swim 6:30-8:00pm. All other groups are regular schedule.
* We were rocking about 90% personal best times this past weekend at the Central York meet. Our swimmers did an outstanding job tackling new events, longer distances, and racing multiple events with short recovery periods. I've attached meet results and you will see some huge chunks of time dropped in a number of swims!
* Congrats to Ashton Grove for posting an "A+" standard in the 50 free Sunday and qualifying for the PITT Holiday Invite. Ashton will also be eligible to compete in the 100 free at PITT as a result of her 50 performance.
* Congrats to Makenna Morris for breaking the club record in the girls 11-12 500 free on Saturday. Makenna dropped 10 seconds to set the new record at 6:11.83 Saturday at Central York!
* Congrats to Julia Strine for breaking the club record in the girls 9-10 100 breast on Sunday. Julia lowered her record by over 2 seconds to the new standard of 1:23.75!
* We've got a large number of swimmers qualified for the SAKA Kettlebell Classic in Philly. So much so, I had to run a report and attach it for you! Note this is a USA midseason championship meet and our swimmers in groups 3, 4, 5, and Varsity w/USA are eligible in this report. Swimmers with A+ times will compete at the PITT Holiday Invite. All swimmers with qualifying times are expected to compete.
* Want to know what level your swimmer's times are? You may search in "My Meet Results" using the standard button and selecting "2013-16 National AG Motivational" from the drop down box. You may then view/print the times and see how many C, B, BB, A times you have, and how close your swimmer is to the next standard! I'll also be adding a tab to the homepage with links to motivational times, qualifying standards for championships, and some reports estimating what times will qualify for our local All-Star Championships.
* Penn State participants, I'll be sending out final reminders by Wednesday with updates for this weekend's meet.
* Did you check out our SpritWear store? You can purchase some Ship Swimming gear and have it delivered right to your door. A number of products are customizable as well! Grab some now....or stash some gear as holiday gifts for your kids!!!
* Our Blue and White meet will be next Wednesday, November 13! Warm-ups are at 5:30 and the meet will begin at 6pm. All swimmers are eligible to participate! Sign up through the events page on our web site. Also, click the job signup on the same page to volunteer for a position at the meet. We've doubled the spots so that new families may train with our seasoned veterans to get a feel for how the meet runs and how important our volunteers are for its success!
* Our first dual meet will be Saturday, November 23 at home against Gettysburg. Swimmers are to be dressed and on deck at the pool by 7:45am for attendance and warm-ups. Signup on the events page of our website. Volunteer sign ups are also done at that same page!
* Our next Board of Directors meeting will be Tuesday, November 12 at 7pm in room 44 at the high school. All team members are welcome and encouraged to attend!!!