December 9, 2013
* Congrats to our swimmers on a fantastic performance in Saturday's 600-382 win over Big Spring. Ship swimmers popped 98 new personal best times and we had a number of our younger/newer swimmers step up and fill key positions for their absent teammates. We were also impressed with how our kids maintained their racing focus despite a rather slow-moving meet timeline. We appreciate our volunteer help and patience with the other team's meet admin throughout the day. I've uploaded the meet results into your accounts and attached a copy of the meet results from the meet host (the scoring on this attachment is incorrect, I fixed it in your accounts).
* We have regular practice on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday of this week. On Tuesday, groups 1, 4, and 5 will practice after the high school home meet from 6:45-8:00pm. I will update you on Friday's practice by tomorrow, as Coach Devon and myself are each headed to opposite ends of the state for midseason championships.
* Come check out the first high school dual meet! The Greyhounds open their regular season tomorrow at home against Gettysburg. The meet will begin at 4:30pm with diving and the swim events will follow at about 5:15pm. A number of our club swimmers represent the high school team as well and are getting pumped up to compete. Good luck!
* The next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be held tomorrow night at 7:00pm in room 44 at the high school. All team members are welcome to attend the proceedings! I'll email out the agenda to everyone as it becomes available.
* Midseason championship swimmers competing at PITT and the SAKA meets will be receiving some meet info and updates today and tomorrow as we prepare for this weekend's events. Psych sheets, meet timelines, and team dinner/activity ideas will be communicated.
* Private lessons through the end of December may be scheduled here.