February 17, 2014
We've got a very busy week leading up to our league championship weekend, as we are hosting Divisionals at home on Saturday and co-hosting All-Stars at CV on Sunday.
* Embarq and Comcast email subscribers: Be sure to contact your service provider to ensure you are able to receive our communications. All emails will be posted in the "News" section. Also, go into "My Account" and add your cell phone # to receive a text alert when news is updated. You may also add a secondary email in this section.
* There is no practice on Monday due to the school being closed for the Presidents' Day holiday.
* Practice Tuesday-Friday will be regular schedule.
* Group 4 may practice Wednesday evening 6:30-7:30pm.
* Group 3 (both 5:30 and 6:30) may practice at 6:30pm on Thursday.
* Practices for Group 5 will "taper" throughout this week, and will conclude at 7:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday, 6:45 on Thursday, and 6:30 on Friday.
* Please be sure to select your desired volunteer post for Divisionals and for All-Stars this weekend. Click the "Job Signup" button under the meet title on the "Events" page. Your help and time contribution is a huge plus for us as we work to run very efficient meets and generate some additional revenue for our program. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance!
* Thursday evening during practice time, we'll be doing some "walk-throughs" and preliminary set-up (computer-based) for Saturday's meet. Friday evening, we will begin physical set-up for Divisionals.
* We're looking for 3-4 volunteers to join Scott Wright at CV on Thursday evening for a walk-through at CV for All-Stars. This is a "cross t's and dot i's" gathering to ensure all bases have been covered and to establish timelines for transporting swimmers from the cafeteria to the staging area to the starting blocks. Please contact Scott Wright or myself if you are interested in helping with this.
* Saturday morning set-up will begin at 6:30am. Swimmers should arrive at the high school for the morning (10 & under) session at 7:00am. 11 & overs should arrive at 11:30am. Please park in the back of the building and enter through the auditorium entrance.
* Want to send along a special "Shout-out" for your swimmer in the divisional meet program? Feel free to complete the "Shout-Out" form and send to Kim Powell. We can accept these through Tuesday evening, as we'll begin printing on Wednesday.
* Divisional entries listed by name are here. Swimmers are able to compete in 3 total events at Divisionals. At divisionals, the top 16 individual and top 8 relays in each event, from the 3 combined divisional meets, will qualify for All-Stars. All-Star qualifiers will be posted and emailed Saturday evening.
* Continue to check your email and the web news section for updates on our hosted meets this weekend.