March 3, 2015
February 4, 2015
Thank you for supporting the club throughout this past year. As the new season approaches, we offer you a first look at what is being planned for 2015. Once again we are making the club brochure available on our website, www.oak-brook.org/recreation. It contains all the traditional information, gives access to current events and news, and provides the ability to download registration forms. We hope you find access to pertinent information is easier than ever. Please contact myself or Michelle Hrody our Membership Coordinator at 630.368.6424 if you need additional information or a question answered.
Attached is your 2015 membership dues commitment form. Please review the information for accuracy, make any needed corrections, and then return the signed form with your annual payment. Your prompt attention will be appreciated. Please note that once payment is received, your membership cards from last season will be activated. There is no need to come in and get a new picture taken.
- The “Early Bird” discount continues this year and applies to Unlimited Memberships. A discount of $100.00 ($50.00 for Seniors) is offered for fees paid prior to Friday, May 8. Or, $110.00 ($55.00 Seniors) if paid by March 14.
- Continued partnership with the Oak Brook Park District – If your family has the combo Premiere Fitness & Aquatics membership or a Racquet Club membership you will receive a 10% discount off your B&T Family membership. Likewise, discounts of a waiver of the enrollment fee or 10% off will be offered to B&T members for the above listed membership classifications. A deadline for purchase of June 31 applies.
- Touch-A-Truck special event for the whole family and your friends on Saturday, May 9th from 10 am to 1 pm in the parking lot of the Bath & Tennis Club.
- Pool Guards, Inc. will return to manage lifeguarding, pool check in, and pool maintenance for the 2015 season.
- A new chairlift has been installed in the main pool.
- We are very pleased to announce that Cindy Jones has been retained as our Head Swim Team Coach. She will also lead our adult swim programs. Please see the brochure for details.
- A two tiered swim team continues this year. Children who are unable to swim a length of the pool without stopping will be Level 1 swimmers. This group will receive the instruction and guidance they need without the pressure of competing. Level 2 swimmers will focus on the skills necessary to improve their competition skills. All of us hope you understand the necessity for this change in our program and will embrace it.
- Swim Team Information Night will be Wednesday, April 29 at 7:00 p.m. Please note that swim team sign-up will be completely online starting May 1. With each swim team registration, participants will receive a OBBT swim team t-shirt. Additionally, swimsuit purchases will be made in person on Information Night. We are working with a new vendor. Please follow this link for more information: www.oak-brook.org/swimteam
- Swim Team Banquet – Sunday, July 19th.
- We have a NEW Adult swimming program, Aqua Zumba. It will be taught by Lisa McDaniel. A certified Zumba instructor. Check brochure for dates and times.
- USPTR professional Greg Spencer returns as our Head Tennis Professional.
- All 8 Har-Tru Courts will again be maintained this season.
- A new bathroom for tennis members has been installed.
- Women’s Season Opener Drill & Play – Tuesday, May 19th at 10 a.m.
- Men’s Kick-Off Drill & Play – Saturday, May 30th at 9 am.
- Please check out the seasonal brochure for new and improved classes!
Do you have any friends thinking of joining the Bath & Tennis Club? Again for this year, we will be asking new members who referred them to us. If that happens to be you, we will credit your house account $50 for any unlimited family memberships and $25 for any unlimited individual memberships. We know your opinion is valuable; this program gives us a way to show you our appreciation.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding the 2015 season at the Bath & Tennis Club, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 630.368.6402.
Thank you for your continued support of the Oak Brook Sports Core,
Sports Core Director