May 8, 2014
Last pre-season work party!!!
Saturday, May 10 (9-2)
After all the hard work last weekend the club is coming together and close to ready for opening day! Thank you to all of you who spent two hours or more, in some cases in the pouring rain, weed whacking, pruning, cleaning, polishing and draining. It is so nice to see everyone again and the enthusiasm with which you all took on your tasks was awesome.
For those you headed to the club this weekend, the weather should be decent, here are some of the major things that need to be done.
- Bark and gravel to spread
- Power washing the entrance area and pool deck
- Cleaning pool covers and putting them on.
- Painting benches, walls, doors and the baby pool shed.
- ****Planting planters and hanging baskets, maybe adding plants to the garden area by the flag pole. (I am hoping someone with a green thumb, knowledge of hearty plants and flowers, and an eye for color would be willing to go and get the plants and get them to the club. You will, of course, be reimbursed. I will get the hanging baskets and the dirt, unless you know of a specific place and kind that works best.) Email and let me know if you are interested. ****
And I am sure lots of other little chores that can use an extra hand.
Thanks again to those who have already done their time and thanks in advance to those of you that I will see this weekend. And a Happy Mother’s Day to all of you amazing moms of the club!!!
Reminder, if you can’t make it this weekend but would still like to volunteer please check in with me and I am sure we can find something for you to do.
See you at the club,