June 5, 2014
Hello Dolphin Swim Team,
Due to popular demand, we will be tie-dying Dolphin T-Shirts again this season! Every swimmer will be given a pre-printed white cotton t-shirt to tie-dye themselves in their AGE GROUP colors.
We will see you all TOMORROW morning, June 6th after each age group's practice. We will tie-dye shirts on THIS DAY ONLY. If you are out of town, we ask that you find someone to tie-dye your shirt(s) for you and inform us as to whom that person is so we can release your t-shirt(s).
The schedule for tie-dying is as follows:
7:15 a.m. 15-18's BLUE and AQUA MARINE
7:15 a.m. 13-14's BLUE and BRIGHT GREEN
8:15 a.m. 11-12's BLUE and GRAPE
9:15 a.m. 9-10's BLUE and TURQUOISE
10:15 a.m. Silvers BLUE and BRIGHT YELLOW
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Blues/Bronze BLUE and BRIGHT YELLOW
10:45 - 11:15 p.m. CATCH UP for all age groups if you missed your earlier assigned time
PARENTS: We need lots of help to accomplish tie-dying over 300 t-shirts. If you are willing to volunteer your services please let us know and thank you to all those who already signed up to help. We do hope that parents will assist with their own child's t-shirt for the younger age groups. After the shirt is washed and dried, please remember to write your child's name in the shirt!
Thank you so much!
Lisa Corboy & Elaine Kramer
The Louisville Dolphins
Tie-dye T-shirt Washing Instructions
1. Leave your shirt in the plastic bag for 24 hours. Place the bag in a warm area for deeper and brighter colors.
2. Remove from bag and with the rubber bands ON rinse off the excess dye under COLD running water (faucet, hose or shower)
3. Keep rinsing while you remove the rubber bands until the water runs clear
4. Wash your shirt separately in HOT water and laundry detergent for a full cycle, then dry.
5. Most Importantly - Put your child’s name in the shirt with a permanent marker so we’ll know whose it is if it ends up in the Lost and Found. Thank You!