June 9, 2014
Here are some updates as we lead into our first dual meet this Saturday against CV:
* Practice this week will be only be held on T/Th. There are a number of school sponsored functions taking place this week that will limit our pool access.
* Practice times on these two nights will be as follows: Groups 2-3 will swim 5:30-6:30, group 4 will swim 5:30-7:00pm, group 1 will swim 6:30-7:30pm, and group 5 will swim 6:30-8:00pm on these nights.
* Volunteer signups for this Saturday's meet have been posted and emailed to everyone. Just follow the link in your email to sign up for the position you'd like to assist with. Trish Estep will be confirming positions and checking in volunteers on Saturday.
* For Saturday's meet, swimmers should be dressed and on the pool deck for attendance and warm-ups by 7:45am. Please be ON TIME, as we will be splitting warm-up sessions, checking in volunteers, and confirming the meet lineups. Prompt arrival is a huge benefit for us as we coordinate all of the meet's affairs.
* The deadline to sign up for Saturday's meet will be this Wednesday, June 11. I'll send an email with the entries received on Thursday to ensure there are no errors or omissions. Friday, I will send out copies of the meet lineup for everybody.
* A "Meet Update" email will be sent mid-week with parking instructions, packing lists, and a swim meet overview and glossary for our new team members.
* The June meeting for the SAC Board of Directors will be tomorrow evening, Tuesday, June 10 at 7:00pm in room 44 at the high school. We'll be approving a new Ways and Means chair, presenting the annual budget for membership approval, and discussing other pertinent club operational items. Please plan to attend!
* We are still in need of a concessions sub-committee chair. If you are interested in this position, please contact myself or a Board member for details. Thanks!!!!
* Beginning next Monday, our practice shifts to the morning hours, with groups 4-5 swimming from 8-10am and groups 1-3 swimming from 10-11am. Remember, these mornings are offered five days per week, to assist families with summer scheduling flexibility.
* Beginning Friday, June 20, all Friday morning workouts are held at SU.
* As we communicated last week, SAC will be offering swim lessons and adult water fitness programs throughout the summer at Memorial Park Pool. Thank you to all families who have helped spread the word on these awesome programs! We're receiving solid interest which is due to the rapid circulation of information, flyers, and word of mouth. Keep it up!!!!!
Have a great week and we'll see you Tuesday and Thursday!