July 7, 2014
We hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of us as we roll towards the postseason. Here are some updates for the week:
* Practices run regular schedule this week. We WILL hold practice Thursday. Friday practice will be at SU.
* Have you wrestled with the dilemma of how much to push your child? Check out this month’s Life-Skills parent Webinar, “To Push or Not to Push – How to Get Results that Last” scheduled for Wednesday, July 16th. Visit usaswimming.org/championsforlife to register and view other great parent resources.
* The next meeting of the SAC Board of Directors will be tomorrow, Tuesday, July 8 at 7:00pm at a Memorial Park picnic pavilion.
* For Thursday's meet at Indian Creek, we will warm-up at 5:15pm with a 6:00pm meet start. Please confirm your meet attendance by 8:00pm Tuesday night. I'll send an entry list shortly thereafter to catch any errors/omissions by Wednesday at 12 noon. I'll have the lineup emailed out by Thursday morning.
* Directions to Indian Creek: Interstate 81 North to Exit 59 (Route 581 East/Route 11 Camp Hill). Go to the Route 11 South - Carlisle Pike Exit #3. At the end of the ramp, make a left at the traffic light onto Carlisle Pike. Keep in the left lane. At the next traffic light, turn left onto Sporting Hill Road (There is a Rite Aid, CVS, and Ye Olde Ale House on the corners of this intersection). Go down the hill, through the intersection and over the creek and then turn right into the Indian Creek development. Take the first left onto Cherokee Drive. Then turn right at the first stop sign onto Pawnee Drive. The entrance to the Indian Creek Recreation Club pool is on the right between 458 and 460 Pawnee Drive.
* For Saturday's meet at Bobcat Swim Club (Northeastern SD), please confirm your attendance by 8pm on Wednesday. I'll send an attendance list out Wednesday with errors/omissions due by 8pm Thursday. I'll email the lineup out sometime Friday afternoon. Saturday, swimmers are to be dressed and on deck for warm-ups by 7:50am. The meet will begin at 8:30am and should conclude around 11:30am. Directions to Northeastern High School are here.
* Remember to sign up for Divisionals by this Friday, June 11. All swimmers who have competed in 3 dual meets (including this Thursday and Saturday) are eligible to compete. Visit the event tab and read through all meet information carefully. Contact me with any entry questions! Entries will be generated Saturday evening and emailed out to everyone. Errors/omissions must be communciated before 8pm Sunday night. Per league guidelines, no late entries will be accepted after that point.
Thanks and have a great week!