September 2, 2014
* Practice for the 2014-15 season begins this evening! Group 1 will swim 6:30-7:30pm and Groups 4, 5, and Varsity train from 6:30-8:00pm. Groups, 2, 3, and push-off will start tomorrow from 6:30-7:30pm.
* All swimmers must be registered prior to their first practice. Registrations may be completed online through our web site, www.swimship.org.
* We've had a couple changes to our meet schedule. The NLAC A/BB/C meet is now October 17-19. The WSY A/BB/C meet is now November 7-9.
* When meet information packets and online entries open, families will receive an automated email with links to view the entry information and to sign up online. Hotel information with group codes for blocked rooms will also be communicated in these messages.
* NEW THIS SEASON: In the meet information under the Events tab, we will be posting "ride share" contact info. This will be set up for our travel meets to carpool, bunk in hotels, and for families who want their kids to compete but have a schedule conflict, another family may be willing to take the kids to the meet.
* Motivational Time Standards: These are the times that will help swimmers chart their progress throughout the season, as well as target midseason (PITT and SAKA) and championship (Bronze, Silver, JO, SR, Zones) qualifying meets. Page 2 of this form contains the times for the pool size we compete in primarily this season.
* USA Swimming Officials Clinic: There will be a USA Swimming Officials' Clinic at 9am on Saturday, September 20 at F&M College in Lancaster. We are looking to host 1-2 invitationals this season where our meet results will be accepted for USA postseason qualification. In order to do this, we need USA certified officials. Please visit this link to learn more about the steps on becoming certified. We'll host a local CPAL certification sometime in October. Contact Coach Jeff is you are interested in USA and/or CPAL certification.
* Goals for the season: Top 8 team placement at SAKA midseason Champs, Top 20 team placement at TPIT Christmas Invitational, 12 Junior Olympic qualifiers, at least one JO relay qualification, 20 Silver Champs qualifiers (8 finalists), 15 Bronze Champs qualifiers, at least one swimmer selected for the Middle Atlantic Zone team, place top 3 at Mini Champs, record an average of 66% best times at dual meets, place top 5 at CPAL All-Star Championships, earn Level 1 of USA Swimming's Club Excellence recognition program.
* The next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be Tuesday, September 9 at 7:00pm in room 44 at the high school. I'll be sending the agenda under separate cover this evening.
Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you at the pool!