September 8, 2014
* The September SAC Board of Directors meeting will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, September 9 at 7:00pm in room 44 at the high school. All team members are welcome and encouraged to attend! The agenda for the meeting may be found here.
* Meet information for the CYA (Oct 31-Nov 2) and WSY (Nov 7-9) meets are now posted under the "Events" tab. I'll continue to post meet information packets as they are received. We'll also circulate a meet schedule by practice group and competition track (Mini, C, BB, A+) at tomorrow night's board meeting.
* Goggles and bungee straps have been ordered and should be available by week's end. We'll email out an update from the Spirit Committee on their arrival and price points when we receive them.
* We've had a great turnout after the first week of practice! It's great to have so many swimmers back and we looked great in the water over these first few workouts!!!
* NEW FAMILY ORIENTATION: Coach Jeff will be meeting with new club family members on Wednesday, September 24 at 6:45pm. We'll be reviewing the practice and meet schedules, uniform policies, volunteer opportunities, swimming "jargon", important dates of team functions, swim meet races, age groups, etc., and covering all contents of the team handbook. ALL new members please plan to attend!!!
* Contacting Coach Jeff: I'm at the pool from 4-8pm (sometimes 9:00 depending on private lessons, fitness classes, etc.) during the week. I'll be in the office from 12-4pm, during which time I'll return phone calls and emails from the previous evening. This is also the best time to reach me directly with your questions. I do my best to respond to all correspondence within 24 hours, or the next business day to emails sent over the weekend. Please keep in mind that I do not have a "work phone", meaning work-based calls and texts are coming to my home line. With this in mind, please do not call/text me with swimming correspondence after 9:00pm or before 11:00am during the week or on non-meet weekends. If a question pops up during these times, simply put it in an email and I'll be happy to reply during my office time, or see me before/after your swimmer's practice time. I appreciate everyone's understanding with this.
* We should have an idea of our division assignment and opponents for the 2014-15 local CPAL season after Wednesday night's league meeting. Following this meeting, I will begin scheduling dual meets and locations. As they are scheduled, I'll post them for everyone to add to their schedule.
Thanks and have a wonderful week!