September 15, 2014
* Information for the Nittany Lion A/BB/C meet at Penn State on October 17-19 is now posted under the "Events" tab on the web site. Please have your entries submitted by next Monday, September 22.
* September 28 is the deadline to register for the 2014-15 season! Be sure you're signed up!!!
* Please review your member listings in your account. It is important that names be capitalized and dates of birth be correct for our swimmers when we submit roster registration information to USA Swimming and the Central Penn Aquatic League. Feel free to correct any errors over the next week. After this time, we'll begin submitting registration cards to USA Swimming.
* Monday, Thursday, and Friday this week we may have locker room limitations due to school sponsored sports. Swimmers should come dressed for practice and hallway restrooms will be available.
* Please remind your swimmers that they should only be in the small swimming locker room areas. We are not permitted in the larger locker rooms per our usage agreements.
* 9 and over USA swimmers/families are reminded to check the "Events" tab to sign up for the following posted meets: NLAC (10/17-19), CYA (10/31-11/2), WSY (Nov 7-9).
* An additional Middle Atlantic Swimming Officials Clinic has been added locally on Sunday, October 12 at the West Shore YMCA. The clinic will begin at noon. Family members interested in becoming USA Swimming certified officials may contact Coach Jeff for more details.
* At last week's Central Penn Aquatic League meeting, teams were again realigned. SHIP has been moved into the 2A division and will be swimming East Pennsboro, South Middleton, ACWS (West Shore SD), and Ephrata. I've begun communication with these teams on meet dates and locations. I'll share the tentative dual meets as they are ironed out.
* NEW FAMILY ORIENTATION: Coach Jeff will be meeting with new club family members on Wednesday, September 24 at 6:45pm. We'll be reviewing the practice and meet schedules, uniform policies, volunteer opportunities, swimming "jargon", important dates of team functions, swim meet races, age groups, etc., and covering all contents of the team handbook. ALL new members please plan to attend!!!
* Contacting Coach Jeff: I'm at the pool from 4-8pm (sometimes 9:00 depending on private lessons, fitness classes, etc.) during the week. I'll be in the office from 12-4pm, during which time I'll return phone calls and emails from the previous evening. This is also the best time to reach me directly with your questions. I do my best to respond to all correspondence within 24 hours, or the next business day to emails sent over the weekend. Please keep in mind that I do not have a "work phone", meaning work-based calls and texts are coming to my home line. With this in mind, please do not call/text me with swimming correspondence after 9:00pm or before 11:00am during the week or on non-meet weekends. If a question pops up during these times, simply put it in an email and I'll be happy to reply during my office time, or see me before/after your swimmer's practice time. I appreciate everyone's understanding with this.