October 23, 2014
Irving Swimmers & Irving Masters Head Coach
Irving Swimmers & Irving Masters located in the Dallas-Ft Worth area is looking for a full-time, head coach to lead the age group and master's swim programs. Teams are located in several pools in the area. Our age group team is made up of 75 swimmers with skill levels ranging from pre-competitive to senior development. The master's team is made up of roughly 45 triathletes, fitness, open water, and competitive swimmers. Masters workouts span two pools in the mornings and some evening hours. Swimpro 4 camera digital video equipment available for coaching and additional revenue streams.
- Provide the leadership and development of both teams and assistant coaches.
- Plan, schedule, and direct all practice activities of the team. Practices are 6 days/week.
- Establishes an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility
- Collaborate with swimmers in developing goals and improving performance.
- Foster a culture of positive practice and competitive experience.
- Communicate effectively with parents and team members
- Responsible for the administration of the teams and assistant coaches
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop team goals, budget, drive steady growth, and marketing opportunities.
- Background and experience coaching age group and master's level swimmers
- Strong organizational, teaching, and communication skills
- USA Swimming Registered Coach
- USAS certification required
- CPR/AED certification required
- USMS certification preferred
- Competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Up to date background check and Athlete Protection Training
Compensation will be determined by commensurate level of experience. Please send resumes and cover letter to Michael Agar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be taken immediately and processed until the position is filled. Any job offer will be contingent on thorough reference checks and a background investigation