November 3, 2014
* Practice runs regular schedule this week.
* We had another incredible weekend of fast swimming at Central York! 20 SHIP swimmers competed in a variety of events, many swam their first 200 free, 200 IM, 500 free, and even the 1650 free with monstrous success (I know Halloween is over, but we were that good!). We talked goals with the swimmers throughout the weekend and were impressed by how well they worked to improve their times. I had my phone and tablet stolen too many times to count, only to find a group of swimmers huddled around it comparing their times against the USA motivational times, SAKA, and PITT qualifying standards. It was a fantastic meet and we're very excited to see what we can achieve this weekend at the WSY A/BB/C meet! The meet results have been uploaded to your accounts.
* I've attached the current lists of qualifiers for SAKA, PITT, and Junior Olympics, which include the results from Central York. Keep in mind, qualifiers for these meets ARE EXPECTED to represent our team and compete in these prestigious events! The SAKA list is huge!!!!
* 3rd Annual Blue and White Intrasquad meet is next Wednesday, November 12! The SHIP team will be divided into two squads and will compete in this unique and fun competitive team building environment. Swimmers will have an early season opportunity to swim in a simulated meet. New swimmers will learn about racing and the different events contested. New family members will be trained in different volunteer posts to gain experience in advance of our first dual meet.
All swimmers will warm-up at 5:30 and the meet will start at 6:00pm. The meet will conclude by 8:00pm.
Swimmers may sign up through next Monday. Volunteer positions will be emailed out on Wednesday, November 5.
* Keep selling those Yankee Candles!!!! The deadline is November 14 and we've got some great prizes for our top sellers!!!!
* Our first dual meet will be November 22 at home against East Penn. Swimmers will begin warm-ups at 7:45am with a 9:00am meet start. The meet should conclude around 1:00pm. Be sure to register by Wednesday, November 19!!!