November 24, 2014
* We had a fantastic start to our local dual meet league this past Saturday! Despite falling to EPAC 602-433, we raced very hard and the time drops in our events were unreal!!! For the first time since I've coached at SHIP, our swimmers eclipsed the 200 Personal Best time mark. 206....206 new best times were achieved by our 83 swimmers!!! That total means that an astounding 86% of our swims were best times. Our team should be very hard of this achievement, and proud of the work put in at practice to reach these great results. Congrats to our swimmers on a job very well done! Meet results have been added to your family accounts, and official meet results are attached to this message.
Family members: THANK YOU!!!! Your volunteer efforts helped tremendously in running a great meet. We greatly appreciate your willingness to help and to support our club in so many ways. I believe all but 4 volunteer spots were filled days before the meet, which made things so easy to coordinate and allowed the meet to start right on time. YOU ROCK!!!
* I've attached the final qualifier list for the SAKA Kettle Bell Classic midseason championship. We had a few new qualifiers, so please take a moment to review this list. Swimmers listed here from groups 3-5, and Varsity w/USA are eligible to compete. Please complete your entries by tomorrow evening. I'll be putting together relays where applicable and sending in our team entries on Wednesday.
* PITT qualifiers, please go to the events page and confirm your entries by tomorrow at 8pm. Similar to SAKA, I'll be sending in entries on Wednesday. Please note, I have a high school meet on Thursday, December 11, and will only be at PITT for events on Friday-Sunday.
* A very special thank you for all who supported SAC through the fundraisers. Our campaign is complete and we are tallying up the winners! However, you can continue to place orders via your online accounts. SAC will benefit for any orders place up until January 15. All swimmers who helped raise funds will be serving up pies to the coaches. Stay tuned!!!
* Naylor Invite entries will close on Wednesday! Be sure to get your swimmer signed up today!!!
* Do you have the OnDeck Parent team app??? You may download it for free in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Use your same user and password for your team web account, and the club code is "AMSAC". Under the sign in/out tab on the website is a Help & Tutorial page. You may use that tab to access a series of instructions on how to use your app, along with helpful YouTube videos showing all of the app features. Get it today!
Have a great week and safe, Happy Thanksgiving!