December 5, 2014
I am contacting you as Indiana Swimming's Safe Sport Coordinator on behalf of the Safe Sport office at USA Swimming with a request that won't take up much of your time, and will go a long way toward helping us reach our goal of ensuring our athletes enjoy the full benefit of their swimming experience.
USA Swimming Safe Sport has put together two surveys - one for coaches, and one for athletes aged 12 and over. There are 22 questions on the coach survey, and 13 for athletes - about 10 minutes worth if you just complete the multiple choices offered. Of course, if you want to write in comments, we want that feedback, too. We are hoping to gain a better understanding of how Safe Sport programming is received by our swimming community, and to make it better. So your input is very important.
Please take the survey and encourage your fellow coaches to do the same. Do it today. And please encourage your athletes to do the same.
The links to both surveys are posted here, as well as in the instructions below.
- Please visit https://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/83aeg576c9 to complete the coaches’ survey between Monday, December 1 and Friday, December 12.
- All coaches (full-time and part-time) are eligible to take the survey.
- The athlete survey is available here https://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/83aeg576c7 and on Deck Pass under Perks. Please encourage your athletes who are 12 and older to take it!
- If possible, allow the first or last 10 minutes of practice for your athletes who are 12 and older to take the survey on their phones.
- If the team has athlete email addresses for those 12 and older, please send out the survey link.
- Contact Maggie Vail, USA Swimming Safe Sport Education Specialist, with any questions. (email@example.com; 719.866.3552)
The survey is open now until December 12. If you have any questions or concerns with the survey, please direct them to Maggie Vail at USA Swimming:
usaswimming.org/protect | @SwimSafeSport