December 29, 2014
Health Care for Coaches and Officials
Exciting news on a healthcare opportunity for USA Swimming Coaches and Officials in early January of 2015!
Due to numerous requests from our membership, a private healthcare exchange will be made available to all Coaches and Officials of USA Swimming.
Qualifying members and their families, like with the state and federal exchanges, may be eligible for a federal subsidy based on income.
The USA Swimming private healthcare exchange offers all of the same major medical plans with the same costs as the state and federal exchanges with these awesome benefits:
1. Protection from the Affordable Care Act law that requires all Americans to obtain health insurance or pay a penalty. The penalty will more than triple in 2015.
2. Red carpet concierge service from Licensed Benefits Advisors (LBA) who will provide the following:
- Utilization of a subsidy calculator to assess if you or your family qualify for a government subsidy that will help pay for your health insurance
- The LBA can hand walk each member through the confusing application process to explain and help them elect the best plan available for themselves and their families
3. The ability to enroll in additional benefits
4. Bilingual LBA’s are available
We are excited to offer to all Coaches and Officials of USA Swimming the opportunity to take full advantage of the federal programs & potential subsidies prior to the 2/15/15 end for open enrollment.
Look for the USA Swimming private healthcare exchange in early January of 2015.