Background-image
SAC Updates

 

 
* Practice this week is regular schedule on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

 

* Due to high school home meets, practice on Tuesday and Thursday will run from 7-8pm for all groups.

 

* Our next dual meet will be Saturday, January 17 at Red Land High School against ACWS.  Note, the meet start time is 10:00am, so swimmers will need to be on deck and ready for attendance/warm-up by 9:15am.  Register online through our event page and remember to sign up for your volunteer position!  The deadline to register is Wednesday, January 14.

 

* Entries for the CYA USA meet on January 24-25 will be sent in this Wednesday.  Be sure to sign up before then if you are planning to attend/compete.

 

* Information is posted for the WSY Valentine Invite, being held on Sunday, February 8 at Cumberland Valley.  This meet is open to all swimmers ages 9 and under. The deadline to register is January 22.

 

* I've attached the qualifying time range for the 2015 Silver Championships (Regionals).  To qualify for this meet, swimmers must have a time within the posted ranges for each event. So, the time must be faster than the low end of the range but cannot exceed the high end of the range, which would be Junior Olympic qualifying.  To qualify for Bronze championships, the times must not exceed the low end of the Silvers range.

 

* Our next Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 13 at 7pm in room 44.  All members are welcome to attend.

 

* Our annual Swim-a-Thon is now underway.  Families and swimmers are asked to recruit lap or flat donation sponsors for the swimmers as they pile up the laps on January 28! This event each year generates a tremendous amount of revenue for our club.  For those unaware, our operational budget each year relies upon about 80% of revenue from dues and the other 20% comes from fundraising and sponsorships.  Events like this assist with offsetting the day-to-day business expenses of the programs we offer.  Participation and recruitment of sponsors for our annual Swim-a-Thon helps to keep program dues consistent from year to year.  I've seen numerours posts on social media already seeking sponsors and anticipate another outstanding team effort this year!!!  Feel free to contact Kim Powell if you have any questions.