January 12, 2015
Class of 2015 - Thank you Seniors! Your Leadership will be missed!
Sat 1/18 - SAL LEAGUE CHAMPS v TBA
Sun 1/19 - Elite Meet (USA-S) (Sun and Mon)
Sat 1/31 - SAL "B" Champs
Sat 2/7 - SAL "A" Champs
PRACTICE CHANGES FOR THIS WEEK
- Tues 1/13 - White: 6-6:45p. Red: Swim 6-6:45p, Dryland 7-7:30p. Gold 1&2: Dryland 6-6:45p, Swim 6:45p-8p.
- Fri 1/16 - Gold 1&2: Dryland 5:15-6p, Swim 6-6:30p. Red & Blue: 6:30-7:30p.
Note RE: Inclement Weather - If there is a practice cancellation due to inclement weather, a text and email will be sent by 3p. There will also be a news announcement on the website
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS v UDAC
Girls v UDAC - LOSS
Boys v UDAC - LOSS
Results are on website here. Congratulations to all teammates who achieved personal bests. Ribbons will be available starting Tues.
CHAMPIONSHIPS v TBA - 1/17/15
This meet is our final Team Dual Meet. Meet information will be made available within the next day. Please keep checking the meet info page in the "Meets/ Events" tab on our site. Additionally, the "sign-out" deadline has been extended to Wed 11:59p.
After this weekend's final Team Dual meet, what's next for SAL competitions and practices? Here's what you need to know:
- There will be 2 SAL individual championship meets (as opposed to "team" champs meets): Divisional Champs ("B" Champs) - Sat 1/31 - and League Champs ("A" Champs) - Sat 2/7 or Sun 2/8. Please see descriptions of these two meets below.
- LMSD practices continue through Feb 6. This is technically the end of our 2014-2015 SAL swim season.
- LMSD will continue practices from Feb 8 through March 27. This is call our "SAL Extended Season". Practice times will stay the same. Registration is limited to current LMSD members only, no siblings. Paper registration form is here.
- USA-S LSMD team members will continue to practice and compete. Championship meets are in March.
League Championships is the league individual championships where only swimmers/divers with the top 18 times/scores (plus 2 alternates) in the entire league in each event are eligible. Coaches notify swimmers/divers of their eligibility for Leagues Championships before a league seed meeting which occurs following the League Dual Meet Championships. An email will be sent out re: your attendance to "A" champs within the week.
ALL swimmers/divers are eligible for Division Championships (but cannot swim in events for which they qualified in League Championships and there is a limit on the combined number of entries for both Championships). The Division Swimming Championships are divisional: each division holds a championship meet. Swimmers are seeded according to their best times for a particular event. The Division Diving Championships are usually held at one location with the results for each event determined by division. An email will be sent out re: your attendance to "B" champs within the week.
Both championships are individual competitions only (No team competition)
Note: Athletes must have competed in at least 40% of dual meets, as a swimmer and/or as a diver, to be eligible for League Championships.
ONE TEAM ONE LIGHTNING!