January 16, 2015
2015 WYW Winter Invitational
Over 700 swimmers this weekend so we need to make some changes:
- WARMUP FRIDAY 13& OVER SESSION Has been changed to 4:00 with a 5:00 START
- 12 & under session on Friday remais 1:00 warmup, 2:00 start and they will be swimming in the North pool.
- Sat and Sunday swimmers will be seated in the gym. There are no chairs allowed on deck but by having them in the gym they will be able to bring chairs. I would suggest extra towels as it will be cool as they move through the halls to the pool.
- Friday night swimmers can be on deck but NO CHAIRS
- We will have staff announcing events and moving swimmers to the pool deck.
- 1 timer per pool per session and a team monitor for the gym area
- 12 and unders will be swimming in the NORTH POOL ( closest to the window)
- 13 and over will be split
- North pool—Girls
- South Pool –Boys
- There will be a 2o min break after the 50 fr prior to the 1650
- Swimmers need to provide their own timers and counters. Heats will be swum in their respective pools. Once the boys heats are done the balance of the girls heats will be split into 2 pool s so that we can get everyone out as soon as possible. There are NO CUTS on the 1650.
- Morning North pool 13/14/ South pool 15 & over
- 10 & under- North Pool 11/ 12 South Pool
- Finals LONG COURSE
- Morning North pool 15/18 South pool 13/14
- Afternoon 10 under NORTH Pool. 11/12 SOUTH pool
- Finals LONG COURSE
- Swimmers will need their own timers. Girls 500 will be in the NORTH POOL. BOYS in the SOUTH POOL. Once a pool is free the balance of heats will be split into 2 pools.
Reminder FINALS WILL BE LONG COURSE! Please make sure to follow scratch procedures.
Wahoos will be conducting a food drive this weekend. Please consider any donations of non perishable items benefitting Person to Person of Norwalk Ct. A collection box will be located in the lobby.
Please remind your parents that there is additional parking across the street from the Y at the High School.
Kastaway Swimwear will also be in house this weekend.