February 3, 2015
Mesa January Invite Recap
We had 13 swimmers travel to Mesa for the January Winter Invite. Everyone had a great meet dropping time in at least one event. Overall we had 43 best times out of 55 swims and dropped 119 seconds. The swimmer with the largest time drop was Kiersten Morris, dropping over 16 seconds in her 50 breaststroke.
We had several swimmers that hit best times in all the events they swam: Ernie Apodaca (5 for 5), Kylie Echols (3 for 3), Madalyn Hall (3 for 3), Logan Jacobs (3 for 3), Kiersten Morris (5 for 5) , Ava Parker (4 for 4) & Sarah Seppala (5 for 5).
Sarah Seppala set two new team records in the 8 &U 50 breast (48.36) and 100 breast (1:46.52)
Finally we picked up 6 new regional times and 1 new state time at the meet:
- Alexis Bolin 11-12 100 back
- Kylie Echols 9-10 50 Breast
- Madalyn Hall 9-10 50 breast
- Logan Jacobs 13-14 100 back & 50 Fly
- Sarah Seppala 9-10 50 Back
- Xander Pollock – 11-12 200 Breast
Circle City Classic Meet in Indiana Recap
We had 18 swimmers brave the Midwest winter to travel to Indiana for the Circle City Classic Meet held at one of the fastest pools in the country! We also had two alumni, Jackie Marlin and Erin McGee who are attending schools in the Midwest travel to swim and cheer us on!! The swimmers had a lot of fun and many of them took advantage of the fast pool to hit best times, new state times and get new team records. We had 3 swimmers who hit a best time in all of their swims: Kelsey Carlson (3 for 3),Tim Oetter (6 for 6 in prelims) & Jacob Varner (5 for 5 in prelims). Lily Tees had our largest time drop of the meet dropping 39 seconds in her mile!!
We had 3 swimmers who set 5 new team records:
- Lexy Hansen 15-18 Girls 100 Back (1:01.25) & 15-18 Girls 200 Back (2:15.29)
- Mackenzie Kester 13-14 Girls 200 Back (2:17.48) & 400 IM (4:58.67)
- Sammy Reeves 15-18 Girls 200 Fly (2:19.06)
Finally we had 4 swimmers pick up NEW state times:
- Lexy Hansen - senior state 200IM
- Mackenie Kester - 13-14 girls 400 IM
- Tim Oetter – senior state 50 free, 100 fly & 200 IM
- Lily Tees – senior state 200 IM
Congratulations to all the swimmers at both of these meets. You can find the updated top ten list, records and season best times/time dropped rankings on the records page of the website. Meet results for individual swimmers can be found by clicking on your swimmer under my account on the website or on the Teamunify OnDeck App