Team Communication - February 4, 2015
February 4, 2015
Team Communication – Buenaventura Swim Club
February 4th, 2015
- Upcoming All Star Meet. Good luck to Alex Valente and Alicia Harrison who will travel to Federal Way Washington February 12-16 as part of the California/Nevada Sectional All Star Team as they take on an All Star Team from Itoman Japan. They were one of 18 Boys and 18 Girls selected based on performance. This is a very prestigious meet that alternates competitions sites annually between Japan and the West Coast of USA.
- Coastal Champs Entry Deadline. Don’t forget, entries for our very own Coastal Champs are due on Monday, February 16th. Please remember to always read the meet sheet before entering. Also, after you have selected your events, always go back to be sure there is a red check mark next to each individual event entered. The red check mark signifies it has been coach approved and that you will be entered in those events.
- Swim A Thon 2015. The swim a thon is already right around the corner. There will be multiple email communications regarding the swim a thon, but please mark your calendar for Wednesday, March 11th.
- Touch the Wall. Touch the Wall is a swimming documentary that is based on Olympians Missy Franklin and Kara Lynn Joyce. We are in the process of setting up a private screening of this movie at the Downtown Theater. The tentative date is Saturday, March 14th after Saturday morning practice, sometime between 10am-12pm. This has not been approved quite yet, updates coming soon.
- Annual Awards Banquet. The awards banquet will return to Poinsettia Pavilion this year. It will take place on Sunday, March 15th in the afternoon. We will unveil a special recognition pin that we give to all swimmers that will represent our theme and motivation for the remainder of the year.
- Fitter Faster Tour & Clinic. Mark your calendar; we will again host a Fitter Faster Clinic on Saturday, May 30th (younger swimmers) and Sunday, May 31 (older swimmers). This will feature two Olympians on both days. We have already secured sprint specialist Kara Lynn Joyce as our female clinician and will soon secure our male clinician. This is the same Kara Lynn Joyce who will be featured in the documentary, Touch the Wall.
- “All About Swim Meets” Meeting. Please join us for a meeting about swim meets this Saturday, February 7th at 10:30am on the pool deck between the competition pool and the Recreation Pool. Designed to be educational, we will be prepared to talk about all details regarding preparation, execution, and the various jobs involved with swim meets. We will leave time for questions and answers as well. Also, don’t forget, it would be helpful if you sent a question ahead of time to Board President, Lety Ball, at [email protected].
Have a great week!