March 17, 2015
Location: Irving Area
Irving Swimmers and Master Swimming is looking for energetic and enthusiastic assistant coach to work directly with our 10 & Under and Pre Competition groups.
Irving Swimmers and Master Swimming is looking for an enthusiastic assistant coaches to join our staff. ISMS is a year round club serving three locations: two 50m indoors pools and one 65m indoor pool (the newest and longest pool in the country. The new members of our staff will be working within our Age Group and Head Coach programs as a lead coach and an assistant with other practice groups. Ideal candidates will be a motivator who are creative teachers eager to be a member of our staff and passionate about the sport of swimming. Candidates must have competitive swim background and 2-3 years of coaching experience.
Reports to: Head Age Group and Head Coach
• Teaches various levels and age groups in accordance with the team instructional guidelines
• Plan lessons, select appropriate drills, and evaluate the student’s progress
• Present proper demonstrations and explain skills, analyze and correct performance, and use appropriate teaching
• Maintain a safe and positive teaching environment
• Attend all in-service educational trainings
• Maintain accurate records and prepare course completion certificates
• Perform all swimming strokes and skills taught in all levels
• Effectively communicate each student’s progress either to the student directly and to the student’s parents where
• Promote and assist with program fundraising efforts
• Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants. Essential Functions:
• Work with Age Group Director in creating thorough designated training group workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, team spirit etc.
• Lead structured practices: weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
• Assist with recording all workouts and tracking daily attendance.
• Assist Age Group with administrative matters relating to the team and swim meets
• Attend all swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc.
• Work and communicate effectively with parents and swimmers by educating and supporting the Head Coach and team philosophy.
• Experience as a competitive swimmer
• 2+ years - swim coaching experience preferred
• USA Swimming Coach or ASCA Level 2 preferred
• Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills
• Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification or willingness to obtain certifications
• Applicants need to be at least 20 years of age.
All coaches must be a certified coach with USA Swimming and able to pass the USA Swimming Background check prior to employment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. For more information about our team, please contact Head Coach Gilberto Junior To apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com. All inquiries are confidential.