May 21, 2015
The summer swim season is almost upon us! You can almost smell the sunscreen and chlorine.
Two of the key volunteer positions for the swim meets are Stroke & Turn Officials and Starters. These jobs let you have one of the best seats in the house. For swim meets, each team provides 4 S&T officials, 2 per half-meet. Whether you have experience or are a novice, the swim league provides a training class that all officials need to attend. There are 6 different dates and locations for the training that will be held over the next couple of weeks. Training is provided by some of the league’s most experienced officials to clearly explain all the strokes and what’s involved in being one of the S&T officials. Additional training is provided at the end of each session for those also interested in being a Starter. For anyone planning to volunteer as an official, or even just considering it, please plan to attend one of the training sessions below.
- Tuesday May 26th, 7-9 PM; Spring Ridge Visitor Center, 9090 Ridgefield Drive.
- Wednesday May 27th, 7-9 PM; Spring Ridge Visitor Center, 9090 Ridgefield Drive.
- Monday June 1st, 6-8 PM; New Hope UMC, 7 S Maryland Ave., Brunswick MD.
- Thursday June 4th, 7-9 PM; Spring Ridge Visitor Center, 9090 Ridgefield Drive.
- Saturday June 6th, 3-5 PM; Holly Hills Country Club, upstairs.
- Thursday June 11th; 7-9 PM; Villages of Urbana, Shafer's Mill Recreation Center at 9228 Shafer's Mill Drive.