June 15, 2015
* Congrats to our swimmers who competed at Saturday's meet with CV. We were very pleased with the racing intensity, positive attitude, and support displayed by our swimmers throughout the course of the meet. We also want to congratulate Makenna Morris, who broke a 14-year old team record in the Girls' 13-14 100 IM! Thank you to our family volunteers with your help and support at the meet as well!!! Meet results are attached and have been uploaded to your family accounts.
* Nine swimmers competed at this past weekend's Middle Atlantic Long Course Classic at Bucknell University. We had 15 new team records broken at this meet and Kari Powell qualified for the Eastern Zone Championships (meet featuring the top swimmers from the northeastern US) in the Girls 9-10 50 breast. Great job, swimmers! These meet results have also been uploaded for everyone.
* Practices for groups 1-3 run 9-10am for the remainder of the summer. Groups 4-5 swim 9-11am. As a reminder, Monday-Thursday practices are at the high school. Friday morning practice will be at SU.
* Our next CASL dual meet will be this Saturday at home against South Middleton. This meet will be held Shippensburg University. Swimmers are to be dressed and ready for warm-ups by 7:45am. The deadline to sign up is this Wednesday at 8pm. Volunteer positions are also posted for sign-up.
* Sign-ups are still open for the Carlisle Invitational on Tuesday, June 30. This is an annual summer invite meet that we attend as a team. The meet is swum outdoors and continues to be the most fun event our club attends each year. All Ship swimmers are invited to attend!!! Meet information and sign-up is available under the "Events" tab. Be sure to join us for a great day of swimming!!!
* Our annual Smith's Chicken BBQ and carwash fundraiser will be held this Sunday, June 21 from 11am-2pm at H&H Chevrolet and Cadillac. Set up will begin at 10:00am. We still have a couple volunteer spots open so, if able, please come on out to help! The carwash will run from 11-1. Be sure to remind those who bought dinners from you about the day and time for their pickup.
* We've got some really cool photos of our swimmers from our first home meet with Bobcat. Feel free to check out the pics here. There are also some great shots from our winter season you may peruse. All photos may be downloaded at no charge, complements of Mr. Bill Slattery, Jr.
* Team suits and caps are available for pick-up at the pool during practice times.
* Running late for practice? You can call the pool "batphone" directly at 530-2730, ext. 4045. It rings loud and we'll send someone to let your swimmers in!
* We have added a tab on our site with all of our team records. This log will be updated after each meet and may be viewed at any time. Check it out!
Have a great week!