June 22, 2015
* Congrats to all swimmers on Saturday's win over South Middleton. Ship swimmers combined to post 64 new personal bests and the coaches were very pleased with the numerous improvements we saw with the starts, underwater kicking, and turns throughout the meet. Thank you to our parent volunteers for your help in running another very efficient meet for us!
* Practice this week runs according to its usual schedule. Remember, Fridays are at Shippensburg University.
* Our next dual meet is this Saturday, June 27 at Camp Hill. This will be an outdoor meet (bring sunscreen) with swimmers needing to be on deck by 7:45am for warm-ups. The meet will start at 8:30am and should conclude by 11:30am. The deadline to sign up is this Wednesday, June 24 at 8:00pm. I will be sending out the lineups Thursday night this week, as I will be away after practice on Friday. The job signup page for volunteers will remain open all week.
* Last call for Carlisle Invite!!! The deadline to sign up for this meet is tomorrow, Tuesday, June 23. This is our annual outdoor invitational we attend as a team and have placed first here each of the last 5 years. Let's keep this streak going! All team members are welcome and encouraged to attend. Contact me with any meet entry questions!
* We've got two new team records to report. The first, I missed from CV. Madison Osanitsch broke the Girls 13-14 50 backstroke record (previously held by Coach Rachel Nye). This past Saturday against South Middleton, the Girls 13-14 200 free relay team of Teddi Powell, Madelyn Facchinei, Madison Osanitsch, and Makenna Morris broke the team record with a sizzling 1:52.86. Congrats and great job!!!
* Thank you to all who participated in our annual Smith's Chicken BBQ fundraiser. Whether it was through selling tickets, making donations, volunteering during the pick-up, or assisting with the set-up/tear-down, your help was greatly appreciated. We sold 400 chickens and the entire event ran very smoothly from start to finish. Thank you for your continued support!!!
Have a great week!