June 29, 2015
* Practice tomorrow will run from 9-10am. This practice will be optional for 10 & unders competing at the Carlisle Invite. All other swimmers are encouraged to attend.
* Carlisle Invitational is tomorrow! 10 & unders should arrive at the Carlisle Swim Club by 10:45am for warm-ups. The meet will begin at 12:00pm and should conclude around 3:00pm. 11 & overs should arrive by 2:45pm for warm-ups. That session will begin at 4:00pm and should conclude by 8:00pm. The weather forecast looks great so it should be an awesome day of swimming for us! Be sure to bring along tents, blankets, sunblock, tinted goggles (outdoors in the sun), and snacks. There will be a swim vendor on site along with a snack bar. A psych sheet is attached.
* Directions to Carlisle Swim Club: 81N to exit 45 Hanover Street. Turn right off the exit onto Hanover Street. After you pass through the light at Chili's, turn right onto Rolling Drive. Take this road to the stop sign and turn left. You'll see the swim club entrance just ahead on the right.
* We had quite the eventful morning Saturday! Congrats to our swimmers who battled through the elements en route to a victory over Camp Hill. This was an incredibly impressive performance, as 83 personal bests and two new team records were posted. Our limited DQs were another strength of ours, as our stroke discipline helped to offset being outnumbered in many events throughout the meet. A HUGE shoutout to our family volunteers for singing in the rain and helping to ensure the meet would run as quickly as possible, given the inclement weather. Final meet results are attached and have been uploaded into your family accounts.
* Two new team records from Saturday: The girls 9-10 200 free relay broke the 2:31.62 team record from 2011 (which included current swimmers Teddi Powell and Madelyn Facchinei) with a quick 2:27.59. Members of the record-breaking team were Kari Powell, Mia Estep, Jillian Strine, and Bramley Hawkins. Congrats also to Sam Nonemaker, who broke a 25-year old record in the boys 13-14 100 IM. Sam's time of 1:11.27 clipped the previous record of 1:11.60, set by Corey Pelow in 1991.
* Practice returns to regular schedule Wednesday-Friday this week. Friday, we practice at SU. Also, note that there is no meet this Saturday due to the Independence Day holiday.
* I'll be sending out postseason info Wednesday for both our summer league and USA championships available to our swimmers.