July 6, 2015
* Practice this week runs on a regular schedule through Friday. Remember, Friday we practice at SU!
* Congrats to all swimmers on bringing home our 6th consecutive team high point award at the Carlisle Invitational! It was a great day filled with fast swimming and we hope everyone had a fun experience. We also had three individual high point award winners: Derek Estep for 8 & under boys, Brandon Estep for 9-10 boys, and Kari Powell for the 9-10 girls. Great job, Ship!!! Complete meet results may be viewed here and individual results have been uploaded into your family accounts.
* Our next (and final) CASL dual meet will be this Saturday, July 11 at home against ACWS. The meet will be held at SU, with swimmers arriving for warm-ups no later than 7:45am. The deadline to sign up is this Wednesday at 8:00pm. Volunteer positions are also posted. Please sign up for these by Friday evening.
* An entry reminder was emailed out earlier for our CASL Divisional Championship meet. Swimmers must have attended 3 of our 5 CASL dual meets to be eligible. Swimmers/families may select three individual events to swim under the "Events" tab on our site. Let me know if you have any questions about the CASL postseason!
* The meet entry for the Middle Atlantic Silver Championships was also sent earlier. This USA championship meet is available for our USA-registered swimmers who meet the qualifying guidelines. Entries for this meet are due by July 18.
* Our swimmers continue to rewrite the record books as seven records were broken at the Carlisle Invite. Derek Estep broke the 15-year old record in the boys 8 & under 25 fly with a time of 18.12. Sam Nonemaker broke two records in the boys 13-14 age group. The first came in the 100 free, with a time of 1:00.25. This eclipsed the 1:01.50 previously held by R. Wadel. Sam also broke the 50 fly record with a 31.04, besting the 31.59 set by current SHIP parent Matt Strine wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 1989 :-) Our 9-10 girls relay team of Jillian Strine, Mia Estep, Kari Powell, and Jenna Hoffmann broke both the medley (2:44.63) and free (2:25.47) relay records. The medley record was from 2014 and the previous free relay record dated back a whopping three days to our meet at Camp Hill. We also had a 2014 record broken by our boys 11-12 medley relay team of Colin Krause, Devin Wilson, Colby Estep, and Mason Holtry. The girls 13-14 free relay team of Teddi Powell, Madelyn Facchinei, Maddie Osanitsch, and Makenna Morris broke the 2009 record with a time of 2:08.81. Congrats!!!
Have a good week!!!