July 13, 2015
* Congrats to our swimmers on their performance in Saturday's loos to ACWS. We had 54 new personal best times and three new team records set. We concluded our dual meet season with a 3-2 record. Our volunteer help was unbelievably strong, which allowed us to move very quickly through the meet. That was the quickest dual meet I've seen in about 15 years and we received many compliments on our continued efficiency in hosting. Thanks to all who contributed towards a great meet! Complete meet results are attached and individual results have been uploaded to your accounts.
* This Saturday is our divisional championship meet at CV. I sent out the entries last night for everyone. We do still need about 3 volunteer spots filled for seeding and chaperone. Please be sure to sign up if you can assist. Our entries will NOT be accepted by the league without a completed volunteer list.
* For Divisionals, swimmers should arrive by 8:00am to check-in and get situated before warm-ups. We will warm-up from 8:20-8:50am and the meet will begin at 9:00am. I'd estimate a finish time of about 2:00pm, so long as there are no issues or delays during the meet. The top 16 individuals and top 8 relays from the four combined divisional meets will advance to compete in All-Stars. All qualifiers are expected to compete the following day at All-Stars. I will email, text, and web post our All Star qualifiers Saturday evening around 6:00pm. Qualifiers are asked to text me at 717-713-0453 confirming that they have received all meet information for All-Stars.
* All-Stars will be held this Sunday at Central York for our qualifiers. This meet will be split into two sessions, with 10 & unders competing in the morning and 11 & overs competing in the afternoon. Morning swimmers should arrive by 7:50am for an 8:00am warm-up and 9:00am meet start. Afternoon swimmers will arrive by 12:00pm for a 12:10pm warm-up and 1:00pm meet start. Again, qualifying swimmers will be contacted via email and text with all important meet details. The top 8 individuals and top 4 relays from All-Stars will advance to the Mid-Cap Superstars meet at Hershey on Saturday, July 25.
* Middle Atlantic Silver Championships will be held July 31-August 2 in York. Eligible swimmers may sign up for this meet under the Events tab. The deadline to sign up is this Saturday, July 18. Contact me with any questions about the meet!
* Our next Board of Directors meeting will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, July, 14 at 7:00pm at the pavilions in Memorial Park. We'll be finalizing our 2015-16 operating budget, registration materials for the coming year, and discussing new fundraising and volunteer policies. All members are welcome to attend!!!
* As mentioned above, we had three new team records set at Saturday's meet. The Boys 11-12 200 free relay team of Lek Powell, Colin Krause, Devin Wilson, and Colby Estep swam a 2:04.97, breaking the record set last year at winter Silvers. Makenna Morris broke two records on Saturday. The first was in the 100 IM where she lowered her record, previously set at the CV dual last month, to a 1:10.68. Makenna also broke the Girls 13-14 100 free record, previously held by Chelsea Carson in 2001 at 59.24. Makenna swam to a new record time of 58.48. Congrats to our new record holders!
* I'll communicate all meet updates for our various upcoming events as they become available.