July 20, 2015
* Practices this week run from 9-10:30am for swimmers competing at Mid-Caps and/or USA championship meets.
* At Divisionals, SHIP swimmers posted 55 new personal best times, set 10 new team records, and broke 19 meet records. 28 of our swimmers from Divisionals advanced to Sunday's All-Star Championships.
* At All-Stars, our swimmers went wild with 28 new personal best times, set 6 more new team records, and broke 5 meet records. 25 of our All-Star swimmers advanced to the Mid-Cap Superstar meet, including every morning session swimmer. We ranked 1st in the team standings after the morning session and finished the meet in 4th place out of 22 teams. We also had 10 event champions crowned. Complete All-Star results may be viewed here.
* The Mid-Cap Superstar meet will be this Saturday, July 25 at the Hershey Recreation Center. Swimmers will need to arrive by 7:00am. This will be an outdoor meet, so we will need to set up some tents! Full psych sheets may be viewed here.
* I've attached a list of the new team records set at the CASL championship meets for everyone. Meet results from Divisionals, All Stars, and Junior Olympics have all been uploaded into your family accounts.
* We had five swimmers compete at the Long Course Junior Olympics this past weekend at Penn State. Similar to our success at CASL champs, our JO swimmers represented our club very well! We had 3 swimmers place top 8 and hit the awards podium: Julia Strine (200 Breast), Kari Powell (50, 100 Breast), and Brandon Estep (200 free, 100 fly, 400 free, 200 IM). We also had 22 club records broken by Julia (100 free, 200 breast), Kari (50 fly, 100 back, 100 breast, 50 breast), Brandon (50 free, 100 free, 100 breast, 100 fly), Jillian Strine (200 free, 200 IM), and Lek Powell (50, 100, 200, 400, 800 free; 50, 100, 200 back, 100 breast). Brandon (100 fly), Jillian (50 breast), Kari (50, 100 breast), and Julia (200 breast) all qualified to compete at the Eastern Zone Championships, which is a meet composed of All Star swimmers from 10 regions from Maine down through Virginia. They will be representing Shippensburg and the Middle Atlantic region in Richmond, VA August 5-8.
* Be sure to mark your calendars on August 11 for our summer picnic!!! Our Spirit Committee sent out some details for everyone this morning. We look forward to celebrating another successful season!!!
* Silver Champs entries were submitted and received. Attending swimmers will receive meet updates (warm-ups, psych sheets, timeline, etc.) as they come available.
* I'm beginning to assemble and post registration information for the 2015-16 season. I anticipate having the registration portal open with all detailed information by 8pm tomorrow. I'll send out an email for everyone when this is ready to go!
Thanks and have a great week!!!