September 21, 2015
* Practices continue this week as regularly scheduled.
* On Wednesday, September 30 at 6:30pm, we will be having our annual membership meeting at the high school. This meeting will essentially cover everything A-Z that will be going on throughout this season. One member of each family is expected to be in attendance, and will be repsonsible for the information covered throughout this meeting. Topics will include:
- Practice schedules, performance objectives, and swim meet schedule/requirements for each group.
- Coach accessibility/contact info.
- Utlilizing the web site and mobile app features to track your swimmer's progress and keep up on club communication.
- Critical elements of swim meet organization and efficiency.
- Mandatory and optional fundraising efforts. How they help the club and how each family will benefit from the new policy.
- Information on swimsuits: uniform requirements, sizing, and ordering. Team apparel that can be purchased.
- Details on the billing system and who/how to ask about specific billing questions.
- Introduction of our new service hours policy/volunteer system.
- Board of Director positions, elections, meetings, and contact information.
* The date of the WSY A/BB/C November meet has been pushed back one week. Originally, it was set for November 6-8. This meet will now run November 13-15. The event page has been updated to reflect this. All other info regarding the meet (timelines, event order, etc.) will remain the same.
* I received a couple questions about the NLAC A/BB/C meet in October at Penn State. This meet's information has not yet been posted by the meet host. As soon as it is, swimmers in groups 3, 4, 5/Varsity will receive an email link to access the information and sign up.
* Information for the 54th Annual Christmas Meet Invitational at the University of Pittsburgh will be emailed out today. I've attached the list of qualifying times for the meet. Bonus times/events are again offered for the meet this season. Be sure to read through the meet information carefully and contact me with questions. I'll have a number of rooms blocked for SAC at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is three blocks from the pool. I'll send out the group code for hotel reservations once we've got all the contracts completed.
Thanks and see you at the pool!!!