November 24, 2015
1. Team registration should be completed ASAP. Your $50 team registration fee ( made of to Y-USA) should be sent to:
c/o Geauga YMCA
12460 Bass Lake Rd.
Chardon, OH 44024
There is still a pile of Teams who have not completed this step of registering your team + paying the registration fee. Please take care of this.
2. Coach Registrations: NEW this year!!! Must be completed by December 1, 2015. This is in 1 week. All coach registrations can be completed on this website--see the home page for the spot that says coach registrations. If you are a team unify customer-- there is a new menu on the left side of your team's website called YMCA Admin-- you can register there. OR www.ymcacompetitiveswim.org. You have 3 choices!
Please upload all of your certifications directly to the website. Do not send them to me (exception is the workbook for the principles class which should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com). All Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Lifeguard w/ the STFSC online piece, CPR, First Aid and Principles certs must be uploaded for me to be able to approve you.
Helpful hint: Remember to click on SAVE when you’re finished uploading your certs so they are still there when you return.
Helpful hint: You must click on the SUBMIT button (on the top) for your information to be forwarded on for approval.
Clarification: Even coaches with a current Lifeguard certification must still complete the online portion of the Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
3. Zone meet info is posted. Go to here: https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=ymcaec and click directly on the Great Lakes Zone Tab. Or Google YMCA East Central Swim Region and that same link will be a choice.
4. All sanction meet requests are due at least 60 days before the meet date. Those of you hosting early 2016 meets should be submitting for your sanction very soon.
5. Lastly, when you are uploading coach and team information, please clean out your old coaches who are no longer active coaches. I don’t have the ability to do this—it needs to be done on the team level.
As always, let me know if you have any questions. Email is the best way to catch me-- firstname.lastname@example.org.