December 2, 2015
We hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday break! We've got a busy month of December ahead of us so please be aware of all the updates/reminders below!!!
* Practices continue this week as scheduled for all groups.
* HIGH SCHOOL HOME MEETS: We have a tremendous number of high school home meets this season. These meets typically take place on Tuesdays/Thursdays and conclude between 6:30-6:45pm. Practices on these nights (groups 1, 4, 5) will begin as soon as the meet concludes. Plan to have your swimmers arrive around 6:30pm on December 8, 10, 15, 17, 22. Group 1 will practice for an hour and groups 4/5 will swim until 8:00pm on these nights. Of course, we welcome all swimmers and families to come out and cheer on their Greyhounds, many of whom are SAC swimmers. All home meets begin at 4:30pm.
* Next Dual Meet: Will be Saturday, December 12 at home against South Middleton. Swimmers in all training groups are to compete at this meet. Similar to our first dual, swimmers are to be checked-in and ready for warm-ups by 7:45am. The meet will begin at 9am and conclude around 12 noon. Be sure to sign up by next Wednesday, December 9 at 8:00pm. Volunteer positions are also posted for families to sign up for.
* I have extended the entry deadline for the Naylor Memorial Invite to this Friday, December 4. The meet will be held on Sunday, December 13 at Northern High School and is open to swimmers in groups 1-3. Full meet details and sign-up is available under our Events tab.
* PITT Qualifiers: I have updated entry information under the Attend/Decline button on the meet info page. I have entered swimmers in all events that they are qualified for. You will see these entries when you log into the page. Bonus events and Relays are NOT included on this entry. I will add bonus event entries based on the guidelines contained in the meet invitation. For relays, I'm working to first build relay teams WITHIN age groups, if possible. There is no "age-up" in USA. If there aren't enough within an age group, they'll be entered in the Senior age groups so long as all entry parameters are met. Note, I have a high school meet on Thursday, December 17, so I won't be at the night session that evening.
* Golden Ram BB/C: Final entries for this meet will be sent in on Monday, December 7. All swimmers in groups 3, 4, 5 who are not qualified for PITT are eligible to compete at the Golden Ram meet on Dec 19-20 at West Chester University. Check out the Events page for the meet information and to sign up!!!
* The next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 8 at 7:00pm. The meeting will be held in room 44 at the high school. All club members are welcome to attend!!!
* Remember, if you need to get into the building during practice, you may call 530-2730, ext 4045 if we don't have anyone posted at the door.
* I've attached two files for families in groups 3, 4, 5, and Varsity. One file is a chart with the qualifiying time progression for each age group for the season-ending USA Championship meets. The other is an updated file showing the meets each swimmer is currently qualified for based on their best times to date. You are also able to track and print top times, qualifying times, and time progressions through your family accounts under "My Meet Results."
Thanks and have a great week!