December 20, 2015
Please remember the Academy Aquatic Club is a guest on the AHN campus. As it has always been, practice begins and ends at the pool gates. With the construction of the new parking garage, adhering to this rule will be paramount for the safety of your child. As of Monday, January 4th, there will be no more “drive through drop off/pick up” on the athletic campus so we will need to adjust to the new procedures below.
- Parents are advised to not come onto property until after 3:45 pm.
- Parents with swimmers in grade 6 and below will be expected to park in the garage/lot and walk their child onto the pool deck.
- Parents with swimmers in grade 7 and higher can park and walk their child to the deck OR they will also have the option of dropping off on the main campus' West Drive (across MacDill Ave). Club members being dropped off on the West Drive will be instructed to utilize the bridge to gain access to the athletic campus and to head to the pool deck.
- Swimmers in the 8th grade and below who are not involved in “AHN After Care” will remain on the pool deck for their parent/guardian to park and walk in for them.
- A “drive through pick up” option will be offered across the bridge for swimmers in the Bobcat and Water Cub groups. At 5:05 pm a representative from AAC will walk over any club members in AHN's After Care AND at this time will also offer a pick-up for any parents who prefer to utilize the West Drive (across the bridge) for pick-up. Any club members who are not picked up by 5:15 pm will head back to the pool with the AAC representative and will need to be picked up on the pool deck.
- Parents with swimmers in 9th grade and above will be asked to pull into the parking garage/lot and park. They can then either walk in or communicate via phone or text to advise that they have arrived and where they are. High School members will be allowed to proceed to the parking garage on their own for pick-up.
- Swimmers are restricted to the pool deck and locker rooms.
- Swimmers in the 8th grade and below must be accompanied by their parent/guardian in the parking garage.