January 4, 2016
We hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season! Below are some updates for your review:
* Practice returns to evening hours this week. Note, this Thursday is a high school home meet, so practice that night will run 7-8pm.
* I've attached the final entry report for swimmers attending this weekend's WSY A/BB/C meet. Remember, Friday session is held at Messiah College, then Saturday & Sunday will be at CV. I'll forward along the meet updates, timelines, psych sheets, etc. to attending families as I receive them.
* The next CPAL dual meet will be this Saturday, January 9 @ Ephrata. Note, this will be an afternoon meet. Swimmers should be at Ephrata, dressed for attendance and warm-ups by 12:15pm. The meet will begin at 1:00pm and should conclude by 4:30pm. The deadline to sign up is this Wednesday night. Please be sure to sign up for volunteer positions as well! I'll send out directions and updates when I receive them from the Ephrata staff. I'll send out the tentative lineup on Friday afternoon for everyone.
* Information has been posted and sent out for the Valentine 10 & under invitational, being held on February 14 at CV. This meet is open to all swimmers ages 10 & under who wish to compete. Review the information sent out and contact me with any questions.
* I'll be processing and sending in the entries for the Central York A/BB/C meet later this week. I'd like to have all entries by this Wednesday, January 6. We do want to see our group 4 and 5 swimmers competing in distance events (500, 1000, 1650, 400IM) at this meet. I'll send a copy of the entries received to date on Wednesday, and ask that any changes be submitted by Thursday night this week.
* Information has been sent out to everyone from our Ways and Means Committee regarding our annual Swim-A-Thon. This will take place on Wednesday, January 27 during practice hours for all swimmers. We've got a target goal of $10,500 this year, with the funds raised going towards SAC's general operating fund. A total team effort this year is essential, as we are beginning to look at big ticket upgrades to the pool (lane lines, reel, touch pad replacement, etc.) that will be necessary in the near future. We've successfully increased our goal each year, and are exciting at the prospect of hitting it again!!! Be sure to review the information that was sent via email, and also check your family folders for an additional flyer on the event! We thank you all in advance for your help with this year's Swim-A-Thon!!!
* The next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be held next Tuesday, January 12 at 7:00pm in room 44. All members of the club are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Thanks and have a great week!