January 19, 2016
* Practice Tuesday and Thursday is on an amended schedule due to high school home meets. Wednesday and Friday are regular schedule.
* I've attached the final entry report for the CYA meet on January 29-31.
* Our next CPAL dual meet is this Saturday, January 23 against ACWS at Red Land High School. Swimmers are to arrive at Red Land at 9:15 for check-in and announcements. The meet will begin at 10:00am and should conclude around 1-1:30pm. The deadline to register is thie Wednesday at 8pm. I'll send out a list of confirmed sign-ups Thursday morning, and a tentative meet lineup on Friday. Be sure to sign up for volunteer positions, too!
* MILK, EGGS, BREAD ALERT!!! I'm sure everyone is aware of the potential winter storm rolling in on Friday. Yes, it is possible that, depending on the severity of the storm, Saturday's meet may be postponed or cancelled. We will be in contact with ACWS throughout Friday to make a decision on the meet. I do request that everyone be patient throughout the week as we move towards the weekend and get a better feel for the magnitude of the storm. In short, when I know, you will know via email, web, text, and social media posts. In the event of a postponement, we'll communicate the new day and time of the meet. We'll re-open the entry portal only for those who need to change a commitment for the meet. If the meet is cancelled, we'll communicate the procedures to gain eligibility for divisionals to those who needed it. As far as practice Friday is concerned, we follow the school district guidelines. If school closes, releases early, or cancels after school programs, we will NOT have practice. I'll send out alerts on this as well, as needed.
* We have opened registration for our spring swim school. Please feel free to share the info with any family, friends, neighbors, etc. who would benefit from our instructional program. Our lessons have grown from a small fundraiser, once in the fall and in the spring, of 20-30 kids to a year-round stand alone program that sees up to 120 children enrolled in our spring program each year. Nearly 2/3 of our swim team members have come through our swim school prior to joining. We're very excited to welcome new faces to this program!!!
* Swim-A-Thon is next Wednesday!!!!! Keep up the great work in generating those donations! A link will be emailed out to confirm your child's attendance next Wednesday. We'll have prizes, treats, and a wonderful evening of achievement as our swimmers work to make (and break) their lap goals!
Thanks and have a great week!