Lightning News - Wk of 1/18/16
January 19, 2016
WEEK OF 1/18/16
- Sat 1/23/16 - A/ B Champs Online Forms Due
- Sat 1/23/16 - USA-S NPAC Meet
- Sun 1/24/16 - USA-S NPAC Meet
- Fri 1/29/16 - Lightning "Extended Season" Reg Forms Due
- Sat 1/30/16 - SAL "B" Champs
- Sat 2/6/16 - SAL "A" Champs
- Mon 2/8/16 - Lightning "Extended Season" Begins
Possible Fri and Sat cancelations due to snow storm. An update will sent by Fri noon regarding Friday and Saturday's practices.
Possible cancellation of Sat/ Sun USA-S North Penn meet. An update will be sent by Fri.
RESULTS v RADNOR
Boys v RADNOR: Win! 3rd Place Overall!
Girls v RADNOR: Loss 4th Place Overall!
What's next for SAL competitions and practices? Here's what you need to know:
- There will be 2 SAL
"individual" championship meets (as opposed to "team"
- Divisional Champs ("B" Champs) - Sat 1/30
- League Champs ("A" Champs)
- Sat 2/6 or Sun 2/7.
- Please see descriptions of these two meets below.
- How do I enter either the A or B Champs meets? Read the A/B Champs info page here. Then, complete this online entry form by Sat Jan 23.
- LMSD SAL practices continue through Fri, Feb 5. This is technically the end of our 2015-2016 SAL swim season.
- LMSD will continue practices from Mon, Feb 8 through Thurs, Mar 24. This is called our "SAL Extended Season". Practice times will stay the same. Registration is limited to current LMSD members only, no siblings. Paper registration form is here.
- USA-S LSMD team members will continue to practice and compete. Championship meets are in March.
League Championships is the league individual championships where the top 18 available (plus 2 alternates) swimmers/divers in each event compete. The top 18 qualifiers will be chosen from the list of top 50 times from the season - see this psych sheet. Coaches will notify the qualifying swimmers/divers after the Mon 1/25 Seed Meeting. Note: the top 50 times in each event are eligible for "A" champs selection.
ALL swimmers/divers are eligible for Division Championships (but cannot swim in events for which they qualified in League Championships and there is a limit on the combined number of entries for both Championships). The Division Swimming Championships are divisional: each division holds a championship meet. Swimmers are seeded according to their best times for a particular event. The Division Diving Championships are usually held at one location with the results for each event determined by division. An email will be sent out re: your attendance to "B" champs within the week.
Both meets are individual competitions only (No team awards).
Note: Athletes must have competed in at least 40% of dual meets (2 of the 5 dual meets in Nov-Dec), as a swimmer and/or as a diver, to be eligible for League Championships.
ONE TEAM ONE LIGHTNING!