January 27, 2016
* Swim-A-Thon is tonight! We're looking forward to a fun night for our team members. We'll be swimming from 6-8pm!
* Practice Thursday is regular time for groups 1, 4, and 5. On Friday, groups 4-5 will practice together from 6-8 with strength work from 6-6:30pm. Groups 2-3 swim at their usual times.
* I sent out an email update for families attending this weekend's CYA USA meet. There are some time changes to the meet and I provided psych sheets for your review.
* Our CPAL meet with ACWS has been rescheduled for Saturday, February 6. I'll edit the meet event info and re-open the registration portal for everyone. If you have no changes in your commitment, you won't need to do anything. Your sign-up will just carry over to the 6th. If you have changes (cannot attend now, weren't able to attend the 23rd but can on the 6th, etc.), please make them by Wednesday, February 3rd. Thank you!
* USA Championship meet information is now posted for Senior Champs, Junior Olympics, Silver Champs, and Bronze Champs. All info and sign-ups are available under our "Events" tab along with the time standards for each meet. Remember, only times attained from USA meets can be used for entry into our USA championship meets. To help families gauge where their swimmers currently stand with qualifying times, I've attached a spreadsheet listing each athlete alphabetically with the time standards achieved to date. I've also attached a listing of JO, Silver, and Bronze Q times condensed into one chart for easier review. Let me know if you questions about any of these meets. Additionally, Middle Atlantic is looking to offer a third Silver Champs meet (Delaware and GCIT are the two locations now). If that meet launches and the pool is closer to us, we'll shift to that location. It will be the same weekend as the other two.
* Mini Championship info for all swimmers ages 9 & under will be posted today. This is a great meet for our younger swimmers to gain additional experience competing at a championship level with the opportunity to swim as many as five events. The meet will be held Sunday, March 6 at CV. be sure to check out this meet as a solid "season" ender for our Group 1, 2, and 3 swimmers.
* Still no sign of Divisional info. I'm not sure what's going on but none of the divisions have posted yet and we're past the league mandated deadline for them to do so. I'll post the info, sign-ups, and volunteer positions as soon as the host sends them out. I appreciate everyone's patience with this.
* Next week, the make-up date for the high school Senior Night has been set for Thursday, February 4 at 6pm. There will be no practice on this night. Group1 swimmers are welcome to practice on Friday, February 5 from 6-7pm.