February 1, 2016
* Practice schedule this week: We have regular practice times everyday this week except for Thursday. There is no practice Thursday due to high school senior night being rescheduled. Group 1 may practice on Friday, February 5 from 6-7pm.
* Our next CPAL dual meet is this Saturday, February 6 against ACWS at Red Land High School. Swimmers should be on deck to check-in for warm-ups by 9:15am. This meet has a 10am start time and should conclude between 1-1:30pm. The entry portal is re-open for any change in commitment to be communicated. Any specific needs (early release) should be noted in the comment box on your commitment page. Please make sure you're registered for this meet by this Wednesday, February 3. I'll send out entry confirmations Thursday and a tentative lineup on Friday. Also, double-check the volunteer jobs by this Friday! This is our final CPAL dual meet of the season. Remember, swimmers must attend three to be eligibile for CPAL divisional/All-Star weekend.
* CPAL Divisionals: I have received the meet information for this season's divisional meet on Saturday, February 20 at Boiling Springs High School. I still haven't received the entry file. So, for now, the commitment for this meet is listed as yes/no. When I receive the entry file, I'll link it to our site and send out an email for families/swimmers to then go in and pick their divisional events. I've also posted the volunteer job list for this meet. It is important to note, our swimmers' meet entries are not accepted without a completed volunteer form. I hope to have some preliminary info on All-Stars in the next day or so.
* Upcoming meets: I've attached the current entries for the WSY Valentine Invite and the NLAC Last Chance meet at Penn State. These entries have been sent in and are awaiting confirmation. Please submit any additional entries ASAP, so that I may include them in an updated file to send to the respective meet hosts.
* USA Championships: I've attached an updated report of swimmers with qualifying times for the various levels of USA Championships (Bronze, Silver, JO). All of these meet entry portals are open for commitment. Please shoot me any questions that you have about these meets, as we want to have each swimmer in position for optimal championship success!
* Mini Champs: One change to Mini Champs this year is that the meet is now a 10 & under championship (previously was a 9 & under meet). All 10 & under swimmers are eligible to participate in this championship, with the potential to swim up to five events! There are no qualifying/eligibility standards for this meet. it is simply an additional opportunity for our swimmers to gain racing experience in a championship-style format. Check it out!!!
* 1650 MEET AT HERSHEY FEBRUARY 14: We were approached this past weekend at CYA with an opportunity for interested swimmers to race a USA-sanctioned 1,650 free on Sunday, February 14 at Hershey. If any swimmers in Group 5/Varsity are interested in participating, please let me know ASAP so that I can get you the information and entered in the meet. I'd need a minimum of 3 swimmers and would like commitments emailed to me by tomorrow night at 6pm. Times achieved will count towards USA championships (JO/Senior Champs).
* We had an outstanding weekend at the Central York A/BB/C meet. Our swimmers popped 75 new personal best times! Our meet results include 51 Bronze, 65 Silver, 23 Junior Olympic, and 8 Senior Championship qualifying standards being met. We also had 15 team records broken by: Kari Powell (200 breast), Julia Strine (50, 200 breast, 50 fly), Jordan Seymore (1,650 free), Lek Powell (50 fly, 100 back, 200, 1000 free, 200 IM), Kaiden Estep (100 breast), and Sam Nonemaker (100, 500 free, 200 back, 200 IM). Congrats to all swimmers on a great weekend of fast swimming!!!
* The next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be next Tuesday, February 9 at 7:00pm in room 44 at the high school. All members are welcome to attend!
It's warming back up outside! have a great week!