February 22, 2016
* The February Board of Directors meeting has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00pm in room 44. The agenda is attached.
* Junior Olympics: I've attached a current entry report for qualifiers. Please review this and contact me with any questions before 2pm tomorrow. After that time, I will confirm the entries for the meet.
* Mini Champs (10 & Under): I'm sending in the first batch of entries this evening. I can accept new entries through Wednesday night of this week. Be sure to sign up by then if you're interested in participating! The meet will be Sunday, March 6 at Cumberland Valley High School.
* Congrats to our 46 swimmers who competed at Saturday's CPAL 2A Divisional meet. We posted 70 new personal best times at this meet! Event champions included Brandon Estep (100 IM, 50 fly), Derek Estep (100 fr), Jillian Strine (100 IM, 50 br), Julia Strine (100 fr, 50 br), and the Girls 200 free relay (Smith, Stockslager, Connor, Hawkins). A new meet record was set by Julia Strine in the 50 breast, and new club records were set by Strine (50 br) and the Girls 11-12 200 free relay. 22 of our divisional swimmers advanced to Sunday's All-Star Championships. Divisional meet results are uploaded into family accounts. Full meet results may be viewed here.
* Our 22 All-Star swimmers added another 20 personal best times on Sunday. Event champions included Brandon Estep (100 IM, 50 fl), Jillian Strine (100 IM, 50 br), and Julia Strine (100 IM). New club records were posted by Julia Strine (50 br, 100 fr, 100 IM) and the Girls 11-12 200 free relay shaved another second off of Saturday's record-setting swim. Meet results have been uploaded into family accounts. Complete meet results may be viewed here. Congrats on a wonderful weekend filled with fast swimming!
* We also had five athletes travel to Penn State to compete in the NLAC Last Chance meet. Teddi Powell posted a career best in-season 200 backstroke. Lek Powell matched his lifetime best 500 free, placing 9th in a field that included collegiate swimmers. Makenna Morris notched lifetime bests in all four events, making JO cuts in the 200 free, 500 free, and 400 IM. Madison Osanitsch notched lifetime bests in all four events as well, notching 1st-place finishes in the 100 back, 200 free (JO), and 500 free (JO). Kari Powell recorded a lifetime best in the 100 back, an in-season 100 fly best time, and claimed her third 1st-place finish in the 100 IM. As mentioned above, the complete JO qualifying list and USA championship eligible athletes and swims are attached. Great job!
* I received a couple questions regarding practice schedules. We continue our practices through the end of July. The current practice schedule remains unchanged as we head towards Mini Champs and the USA Championship meets. When lessons begin the week of March 14, we will adapt the schedule similar to what we had back in September and October.
* Bronze Champs: Last call for Bronze Champs meet entries! Please submit these by Wednesday of this week. I'll confirm our complete entry file with the meet host shortly thereafter.
Thank you and have a great week!