May 2, 2016
After a few weeks of solid clinic work, we're to rev our engines and get back into our training! Here are some updates for everyone:
* Our practice schedule is as follows through the month of May: Group 1 - T/Th 6:30-7:30; Group 2 - M/W/F 6:00-7:00pm; Group 3 M/W/F 7:00-8:00pm; Groups 4 & 5 - 6:30-8:00 Mon-Thu, 6:00-8:00 Fridays.
* Meet information, online entry, and volunteer positions are all available under the "Events" page for our hosted kickoff invite on Saturday May 21. Be sure to check that out and sign up by the entry deadline of Friday, May 13!
* For our USA swimmers in groups 3, 4, and 5: We will be competing in three USA long course meets through the spring and summer months. We are able to take new/revised entries for the NLAC meets at Penn State on May 22, then again on June 17-19. If you'd like to enter these meets or revise your entries, the online entry will remain open through 12 noon tomorrow. After that time, I'll confirm our final entry with the meet host.
* The third USA meet is the Long Course Classic at Bucknell University on June 9-12. I'd also like to confirm these entries tomorrow at noon. Please check out the meet info and online entry to submit any new/revised events for your swimmer(s).
* CASL dual meets: There will be a number of new teams joining our summer swim league this season. Because of this, the league is reconfiguring schedules with a possible division realignment. We won't know our dual meet schedule until the May 9 league meeting. On our "Events" page, I've noted the dates of our tentative meets, and the timeline for Saturday morning meets is typically between 8am-12pm. Keep in mind, all of our dual meets will be away. I've also posted the dates for the Divisional, All-Star, and Mid-Cap meets. As with the dual meets, we won't know the locations of these meets until the May 9 league meeting, but the dates of these meets look to be firm. We'll post everything related to CASL and send out a meet schedule email following the league meeting.
* USA Championship meet dates have also been posted. We know that JOs will be held at F&M College, but the locations for Silvers and Seniors are TBD. That information, along with qualifying times and online entry, will be posted as it is received over the next 1-2 weeks.
* Congratulations to our newly elected Board of Directors! Elected to serve two-year terms are Angela Facchinei (President) and Kim Krause (Treasurer). Age groups reps elected to serve one-year terms are Alix Rouby-Wiest (8&U), Chris Heberlig (9-12), and Rosezella Eveland (13&O). Terms will begin on August 1, 2016.
* Our next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 10 at 7pm in the high school lobby. This meeting will be focusing on the preliminary development of the 2016-17 budget, which will be presented and voted upon at the June meeting. All SAC members are welcome and encouraged to attend!
* The Lost and Found is beginning to overflow. Please have your swimmers take a moment to check it out for any items they may be missing. We'll be cleaning that out at week's end.
Thanks and enjoy your week!!!