June 13, 2016
* Practice continues through Thursday this week at Chambersburg Country Club. Groups 3-5 practice 7:30-9am and Groups 1-2 swim 8-9am.
* Congrats to our swimmers who posted over 30 new personal best times at the SMSC dual meet on Saturday! Thank you to our attending families for your help in filling out the volunteer positions.
* Congrats also to our swimmers who competed at the MA Long Course Classic over the weekend at Bucknell University. Sam Nonemaker, Julia Strine, and Makenna Morris all advanced to earn swims in finals and 12 club records were broken.
* The next USA meet is this weekend at Penn State University. Attending swimmers/families should receive a meet update, with psych sheets, timelines, and warm-up times on Wednesday.
* Our next CASL dual meet will be next Monday, June 20 at the Gettysburg YWCA. Ship swimmers should be on deck for attendance by 5:15pm. We will warm-up at 5:30 and the meet will begin at 6:00pm. It should conclude around 8:00pm. The entry deadline for this meet will be Friday, June 17. I'll send out lineups on Monday morning prior to the meet.
* We will still have practice next Monday at Chambersburg Country Club!
* Information for the Gary Shank Invite (formerly the Carlisle Invite) was emailed out earlier. The meet will take place on Tuesday, July 5 at the Carlisle Swim Club. Please review all the meet info and be sure to sign up by the 5pm deadline on Tuesday, June 28. Let me know if you have any questions about this meet.
* Information and tickets for our annual Smith's Chicken BBQ fundraiser on Friday, July 8 at Tractor Supply is available. Envelopes with the tickets and info will be at each practice session in the family folders. Remember to pick up your tickets! We'll also have volunteer positions posted for the pick-up shortly.
* We've collaborated with the Shippensburg Community Parks and Recreation Authority (SCPRA) to offer evening swim lessons for families at Memorial Park Pool this summer. You may share our Lessons/Classes link with anyone who you believe would be interested in either swim lessons or adult water fitness classes. Thank you!
* The June meeting of the SAC Board of Directors has been postponed. A new meeting date will be posted soon for everyone. The focus of this upcoming meeting will be the approval of the 2016-17 operating budget.
Thank you and have a great week!!!