July 7, 2016
Swimmers & Families,
We have our second home swim meet this Saturday vs. Dearbought. Our last home meet was a great success because of all of the effort our parent volunteers put forth. Let’s do the same this weekend! If you are asked to help out, please do! Or if you see our Parent Volunteer Coordinators Sara Wornom or Juli Virts, ask them if there’s anything you can do. Thanks!
- The meet is at Middletown High School.
- Please arrive by 6:50am unless you are scheduled to arrive earlier for meet setup.
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit. Please, no suits for other teams. Team suits are available for sale at Pools, Patios & Porches.
- Before doing anything else, please have your swimmers check in with the coaches and sign-in volunteers as soon as you arrive so we know they are there.
- Warm-ups are 7:00-7:20 (we warm up first as the home team).
- S&T officials meeting will be at 7:30 near the starter system. All officials should attend.
- Timers will meet at 7:45 near the starter system.
- National Anthem at 7:55.
- The meet will start at 8:00, and will be finished (generally) around noon.
- It is optional for swimmers to use the starting blocks
- There is limited bleacher seating inside the building for spectators to watch events. The primary seating area will be the grassy field just outside of the main door to the pool. You may bring canopies and folding chairs for your family to set up in the Braddock area. Go into the pool area only to watch your child’s race.
- Everyone is limited to the pool and locker room areas. No one is allowed in other areas of the school.
- Swim caps will be available from Michelle Baird at the meet. Silicone caps are $10, and latex caps are $3 (free for new families). It isn’t mandatory to wear a cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap.
- There will be concessions.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds are clean when we leave.
- After the successful meet, parents can celebrate at the Pilkington’s from 7 – 9:30pm.
- Don’t forget your goggles or the sunscreen, and good luck!