July 17, 2016
Swimmers & Families,
Congratulations on our second win of the season! The final score vs Brunswick was 411-205. Good job, Barracudas! I was excited to see many of you try new things, like flip turns or butterfly. We did have a lot of DQs though, so this week we will focus on cleaning up strokes before Divisionals. This is our last week of swimming unless you have qualified for the All-Star Meet. Sunday is our team picnic with awards. I hope to see everyone there!
Coach Reilly: That was an absolutely amazing last regular season meet! Everyone did amazing and I am particularly proud of our relays. I hope we have just as much fun at Divisionals! Nice job, everyone!
Coach Robby: Great job! Good finish to the regular season! A lot of improvement again and a lot of completed flip turns! Rest up this weekend and get ready for Divisionals! Great job!
Coach Elise: This was an awesome meet! I was so impressed by EVERYONE! I saw people try new things and kill it! See you all at Divisionals!
Coach Kayla: I have seen so much improvement since the beginning of the season! I am so proud of everyone for working so hard. It has definitely shown in this meet. Congratulations to everyone who made All-Stars and to everyone that improved time. Can’t wait to see what happens next week! Good Job!
Coach Raegan: Amazing meet everyone! So many people dropped time and did amazing in every race! This was such a fun meet and I’m so happy that everyone enjoyed the last regular season meet. I can’t wait to see how we do at Divisionals! Great job, once again!
New All-Star Qualifiers
Andre Gamarra-Waller - 25 & 50 Free
Maddy Harshman – 25 Fly
Alex Smith – 50 Free
Hugh Winchester-Dodman - 25 Fly
* Congratulations, All-Stars!! *
Swimmers of the Week this week were: 8-U Leah Harshman & Levi Hinkle, 9-10 Mary Gaynor & Andre Gamarra-Waller, 11-12 Olivia Teague & Beckham Carson, 13-Older Siglinda Lyons & Everett Brown. Good job, Swimmers!
* You must sign up by * * Monday at noon * * to be in the meet on Saturday. This is earlier than usual. You may sign up for only three individual events for this meet.
* Our Division Championship Meet is this Saturday and we are hosting. We haven’t held a meet of this size before, so we really need everyone to step up and help out. Let’s make this the best Divisionals yet!!
* On Thursday night from 7-8:30pm we have our last team get-together at the park. We will be playing some fun games in the Middletown Park on the grassy side, not by the Pavilions. Wear clothes that can get wet as we may play some water games. This is for swimmers only - sorry siblings & parents!
* Sunday is our final get-together to celebrate the season as an entire team, with swimmers and families. We will be at the Middletown Park Pavilion from12-2:00. All swimmers will receive an award and there will be great food for all! Afterwards, the team can swim at the Braddock Heights all afternoon on our dime. We hope to see you all there for this fun, season-ending event.