October 11, 2016
Hello Lightning Families,
Just a few reminders.
1. In just a little over a week we’ll be holding our Black & Gold Intra-Squad Meet. This will be our first taste of “Live Action” for many of our swimmers this season as well as a practice run for our officials and parent workers to iron out any kinks before the season begins. We encourage all parents to please check out the event page to see what jobs still remain to be filled.
Please follow this link and click on “job signup”: Black & Gold Event
2. For LMSD parents who are interested in volunteering this season as a Stroke & Turn Official or as a Starter/Referee (for home meets), please see the information below pertaining to training opportunities and position requirements. These are positions that are extremely important and a must have in order to be able to conduct our swim meets properly.
**Notice: The League has added additional training dates, so please take advantage to attend one of the clinics. We can never have too many trained officials!
SAL STROKE CLINICS FOR 2016-17 SEASON
DAY DATE LOCATION HOST TEAM
Wednesday 10/12 PERK VALLEY HS PERK VALLEY
Monday 10/17 WISSAHICKON MIDDLE SCHOOL WISSAHICKON
Tuesday 10/18 PENNSBURY HS PENNSBURY
Monday 10/24 WM TENNANT HIGH SCHOOL CENTENNIAL
Wednesday 10/26 LA SALLE HIGH SCHOOL SPRINGFIELD
Thursday 10/27 CB SOUTH HS SWAC
NOTES : All clinics are scheduled to start at 7PM and should conclude not later than 9PM.
These clinics are required for those who wish to volunteer to work as Stroke & Turn Officials or Starter/Referee Officials for 2016-17 SAL Dual Meets. See exceptions below.
- Anyone who completed SAL officials’ training for the 2015-2016 Season is exempted from training by the league’s two (2) year rule.
- All currently certified PlAA, USAS and “Y” officials are exempted from attending a clinic. In addition, any individual who attended a Lower Bucks Swim League (LBSL) officials’ clinic in 2016 with Mike Dunn will be exempted from attending a SAL clinic for this season but will be subjected to our current 2 year rule
**Anyone who plans to attend one of these Officials classes please inform one of the Girls or Boys team Reps of your completion so we know you have completed the class.
***For those that meet the “Exemption” criteria above and plan to volunteer for Stroke & Turn or Starter/Referee positions during the season, please E-mail us your name and the position training so that we can add it to our “Exempted List” we must provide to the League.
3. LMSD SAL Regular Season Meet Schedule can be viewed and downloaded from this page: SAL 2016-17 Meet Schedule