February 17, 2017
Northern Area is proud to host the 2017 Alaska Age Group Championships February 24-26 at Hamme Pool. All teams will provide many volunteers, so please sign up on your team's website. Some reminders:
1. There will be around 400 swimmers in this meet from around the state. Deck space will be very limited. They will not allow bean bag/blow up chairs or anything else that takes up too much room. Blankets are your best option. Coaches, swimmers, and volunteers will be the only people on deck. No parents or siblings on deck, at all, unless they are volunteering. Swimmers may only be on deck during their session (no 10&Under on deck during prelim/finals, no 11&Over on deck during 10&U session).
2. The pool staff has asked for no food on deck. If they see swimmers eating on deck, they will ask them to eat in the stands. They will not seek this out but they will monitor for food...it's quite a task to clean crumbs off a wet pool deck.
3. Parking will be limited on Friday as school is in session. Please do not park or idle in the bus loop.
4. All 11&Older swimmers will compete in the morning (prelim) session. If they finish in the top six, they will compete that event again in the afternoon (finals) session. 11&Older relays, the 500 free, and the 400 IM will only be swum once. There are relays in both the morning and afternoon sessions.
5. All 10&Younger swimmers will compete in the 10&Under session, between prelims and finals. They will only swim their events and relays once.
6. We should have an estimated timeline by Friday, which we will post. We will also have the heat/lane assignments next week.
7. 11&Over prelim warm ups begin at 7: 00am, and the building will open at 6: 30am. 10&Under session and 11&Over finals warm up times will be announced once we get the timeline.
8. They will lower the water temperature to 79 degrees for this meet. While this will help us swim faster, it is important for swimmers to have warm, dry cloths to wear on deck. Sweatpants, sweatshirts, multiple towels and deck shoes are highly recommended.
10. Northern Area is hosting this meet, and we need a great deal of volunteers. Please sign up to volunteer early so we know all positions are covered.
More important information HERE.