April 8, 2017
We are in need of people willing to step up and become stroke & turn officials for the 2017 ODSL swim season. This volunteer position requires additional training and the ODSL League has an online training option which gives you flexibility on the training. They are offering one face-to-face training May 21st. See the details below for both options. If you have been an S&T and would consider stepping up to be referee or starter, the online training is offered as well.
This is a great way to help out the team and easily meet your volunteer requirement – and you get a great view of all of the swimmers at the meets. The online training is very thorough and allows you opportunity to easily review information. Once you have completed your required shadowing of an experienced official, you can apply to the team to refund your training fee. Directions are listed below for the online training.
If you have any questions, please let me know – [email protected]
2017 STROKE & TURN OFFICIALS TRAINING - IMPORTANT UPDATES!
ONLINE TRAINING WHEN IT IS CONVENIENT FOR YOU - ONLY $25 :
- Go to https://strokeandturn.com/shop/swimming-judging/stroke-turn-2017/
- Click on Buy Now near the top of the web page
- Click Add to Cart
- Enter Billing Details
- Under League - Select Old Dominion Swim League
- Ignore Team section
- Enter Credit Card information
- Click Place Order to complete purchase
- An email will be sent confirming the registration (your product key will be in the email)
CLASSROOM TRAINING :
ODSL STROKE & TURN ONLY training will be held at the Lansdowne Clubhouse (space may be limited) on Sunday, May 21st from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. PLEASE NOTE: TIME SUBJECT TO CHANGE 43459 Riverpoint Drive, Leesburg). Please email Samantha Carrier at [email protected] if you plan on attending prior to May 21st.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND - VHSL CERTIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED "APPROVED" OFFICIALS. AS CERTIFICATION VIA VHSL IS ONLY FOR ONE YEAR, THIS "APPROVAL" WILL ONLY BE VALID FOR THE ODSL SEASONS FOLLOWING THE END OF THE HIGH SCHOOL SEASON. PLEASE COMPLETE THE ALTERNATE TRAINING VERIFICATION FORM AND SEND A COPY OF YOUR NFHS MEMBERSHIP CARD.
PVS, CSL, & VHSL training is allowed but the following procedure MUST be followed:
- The on-line form must be printed and taken with you to the training. The training MUST be signed by the trainer.
- alternate officials training verification form https://www.teamunify.com/recodslva/UserFiles/File/ODSL2014%20Training%20verification.pdf
- LINK TO CSL TRAINING - CLICK HERE
- LINK TO PVS OFFICIALS TRAINING - CLICK HERE - CHECK OFTEN AS DATES ARE BEING ADDED
AS ALWAYS, USA SWIMMING OFFICIALS CREDENTIALS WILL BE HONORED. PLEASE SEND SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR DECKPASS.
After the form has been filled out and signed it needs to be submitted to Lynn Oliver ([email protected]) for the training to count.
Starter and Referee
Two mandatory training dates are being offered and those dates have been posted one the website. Please use the Signup Genius link to register so that we know who is coming. If you didn’t attend the mandatory training last year, you MUST do so this year. The only exceptions will be for USA Swimming certified starters & referees.
Mandatory Starter Training (both sessions at Claude Moore)
a) Saturday, May 20, 8:30-9:30am
b) Wednesday, May 24, 6:30-7:30pm
Mandatory Referee Training (both sessions at Claude Moore)
- Saturday, May 20, 9:30-11:00am
- Wednesday, May 24, 7:30-9:00pm
Officials Gear Store (both sessions at Claude Moore)
- This year we are offering an “Officials” store, which will have polo shirts, tanks, hats and visors for you to order/purchase. The league will continue to supply new ODSL stroke and turn officials a white polo shirt.
- PLEASE NOTE : Gear must be ordered by May 22 with estimated delivery June 10. Look for the new “Officials Gear” tab under the “Officials” tab on the ODSL website.