June 11, 2017
It’s going to finally feel like summer because we are starting our outdoor practices tomorrow! Here is all you need to know:
- 12-younger swimmers swim from 8 – 9am
- 13-older swim from 9 -10am
- There is night practice on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only from 8:15 – 9:00pm. It is the same content as the morning practice, only shorter. This is for swimmers who missed the morning practice for camps, or for those who’d like extra work on what we did in the morning. You MUST let me know in advance if you’d like to attend a night practice so I can be sure we are properly staffed. Send your request to [email protected].
- Parents are welcome to watch practice from the baby pool end of the pool. No parents are allowed to sit anywhere beyond the glass divider. If you wish to speak with a coach, you may do so before or after practice - not during - except in cases of emergency.
- If there is lightning within 15 minutes of practice there will not be practice. If possible, I will try to send out notification of cancelled practice via TeamUnify. If it is merely raining, there WILL be practice, unless the lifeguards can’t see the bottom of the pool.
The Week Ahead
- Tuesday, June 13 at noon is the deadline to Declare or Decline for our first swim meet. We need to know if you’re coming OR if you’re not coming. If parents have not signed up for volunteer positions, your swimmer will not be entered in the meet.
- Thursday, June 15 from 6 – 7:30pm is our Season Kickoff Pizza Party at the Middletown Park pavilion near the lake. Go to our team website and “declare or decline” for this event so we know how much pizza to order. Please note the time has been changed.
- Saturday, June 17 is our first summer swim meet of the season in Mt Airy.
- All week long bring donations of your outgrown Braddock Heights suits, shirts & gear to be sold on Picture Day, June 19. All proceeds go to benefit the team.
Let’s have a great week! GO Barracudas!