June 15, 2017
Dear Cheshire Swimming Family:
The first weeks of practice and time trials have been a great success!
As we start the season, here are few Flying Fish reminders:
- ALL SWIMMERS ARE TO HAVE GOGGLES AT PRACTICE AND SWIM MEETS
- CAPS ARE ENCOURAGED FOR ALL SWIMMERS TO WEAR – GIRLS AND BOYS ~ THOSE WITH LONG HAIR THAT CHOOSE NOT TO WEAR A CAP, MUST HAVE THEIR HAIR SECURED AND OUT OF THEIR FACE
- STARTING JUNE 19TH – ALL SWIMMERS ARE TO HAVE FINS (similar to those pictured)
- TEAM SUITS ARE NOT TO BE WORN AT PRACTICE
- PLEASE REGISTER YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER WITH THE TEAM WEBSITE TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS OF CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES DUE TO WEATHER
Stroke Clinics (Sign-Up Book Available at ALL Morning
Stroke clinics will be held from 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The cost is $3 (non-refundable) – and payment must be made at the time of sign up. Stroke clinics are open to all swimmers 7 and over; limited to 12 swimmers; swimmer specific stroke technique needs will be addressed during the clinic. In order to participate in the clinic – the swimmer must also attend the regularly scheduled practice the day of the clinic.
Swim Meet Sign OUT
ALL SWIMMERS WILL BE ENTERED IN EACH SWIM MEET UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN SIGNED OUT ON THE TEAM WEBSITE BY 9:30 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING PRIOR TO THE SATURDAY MEET ~ 9:00 PM SUNDAY EVENING PRIOR TO THE TUESDAY MEET . In case of an emergency (last minute illness or other unforeseen event) please call, text or e-mail Coach Manon Romash – (757)439-0338 (cell) or [email protected] Please do not assume the message has been received unless you receive a confirmation reply. Instructions on how to sign in or out of meets and how to sign up to volunteer can be found here - Instructions (Adobe Flash player required)
Swim Meet Reminders
1. Team Uniform is to be worn at meets – team suit and team cap are the only acceptable items to be worn for competition.
2. During meets, parents are responsible for their swimmers. Swimmers are to remain off of the play areas and out of the baby pool during the meet.
3. ALL swimmers are to stay for the duration of the swim meet. Swimmers will be allowed to leave at the completion of event #69. (Just like a football, basketball, or soccer game – half the team does not get to leave at halftime while their team mates finish the game.)